Looking for CTP machine in German or Brazil (CTP machine which accept any plates)

mcallister

Hi.

Now I'm looking for a special CTP machine in which is possible to work with any kind of plates (no matter it's thermal or violet the plate). I know there is a company in Brazil and Germany who sells this kind of machines.

Do you know which company sells these?
Thanks for all your answers.

My friend you got it wrong
there are some models that you can change the laser and use violet therma or conventional plates. but not any kind at ay time.

the brands that has this machines are cron, amsky and optotec
check them out.

There is one named Vyzprint... no really knoe the exact name but it is from Belgium...
Do you know which is? I don't find it in Google yet.

:) dreamer... better is to find good used Screen Thermal CTP with preferrable low hours (I can help if needed, indeed). Thermal plates you can now buy for approx 5 EUR/m2 or even less, so price is comparable with conventional plates. In reality there are Thermal, Violet or Conventional plates CTP and no universal device for all plates. Even if somebody would like to sell you such - ask what kind of plates you should use with it :)

So there are three types of CTP technologies:
Thermal
Violet
Conventional plates CTP

In the last case, which is the best trademark o the most reliable? How much does it cost?

Thanks in advance.

In short:
1. Thermal - most reliable and precise. Most popular brand - Screen PlateRite (also Heidel Topsetter , agfa Avalon, Fuji T6300 etc) Equipment cost B2 used (full setup) from approx 30-40K EUR. Plate cost approx 5-6EUR/m2.
2. Violet - less reliable (extra plate calibration, required preheat etc), plate cost +2EURm2, equipment cost from 20K EUR. almost everybody (except Kodak) makes this -
3. Conventional - really small installed equipment base because not easy to make equipment (head requires high energy and not so precise light sources). Brands - BasysPrint, Luescher. Basys - low prices, but dont expect high quality from there. Luescher - better quality equipment, higher cost (relatively new equipment), but still with problems.
4. There is another interesting way - CTP based on inkjet and conventional plates (123ctp.com). Quality better than Epson, VMI, Glunz or Coloragte + you can use some conventional plates -> plate price is 4-6 EUR/m2. Price - below 15K EUR new RIP and equipment.

If you ask me - try to find money for thermal and wait for good offer (usually once in 2 months you can find good one). Find good serviceman to teach you for first line service, otherwise you will pay lot of money for 10-30min jobs. I can help you in choosing right configuration.
2 - choose only if you have good plate supplier (with good service and responsibility) and if they know also CTP and related problems. Otherwise you are in trouble. It is possible to work with violet, but you have to get good and smart operator which can troubleshoot problems in their starting phase.
3. - dont know much about them, but look at initial price of conventional CTP and used cost - difference is really big + cost of head exchange is really high.
4 is good, but still not much devices installed, wait for representative in your contry :)

my 2c

Hi Guncis:
All my respect to your great wise knowledge about CTP technology you have.
I am sure also you can have an idea to tell me please where I can sell or offer my VLF CTP Luescher Xpose! 180, made in August 2003; I gotta sell it urgently because I am moving out very soon,
Kind regards from Mexico and I will appreciate your enormous help
Jorge
[email protected]

@guncis: you got the power man! Thank you so much for your info.
@jsechev: may you can contact with a graphic vendor, so this one have more customers. Or maybe publish your machine in other forums maybe... ebay, amazon, mercadolibre (para los latinos).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back