Looking for opaque acetate

Cold

Hi all,

I am trying to help a customer of mine find opaque acetate sheets 12 mil for printing playing cards. Any leads on a supplier will be appreciated.

Thank you.

acetate sheets

acetate sheets

its been a long time but i seem to remeber kimberly clark making a product called kimdura which was very much like you described. i remember having good results with it but its been over 20 years. i used to run a text weight sheet but im almost certain they also offered cover weight substrates

On a side note, you should start acquiring a war chest of swatch books. My company has cabinets filled with them, and they come in very handy.

Turns out Kimberly Clark was purchased by Yupo and Kimdura is no longer availible. I did however contact Transilwrap. Thank you Heidleberg Guy. They do not have acetate, but are sending me some samples of what they feel will be appropriate for cards.

Cold,
You are correct. The mill that made Kimdura was purchased by the employees and renamed Yupo.
Yupo and Kimdura are the same sheet. Unisource carries Yupo and another product called Hop-Syn.
Hop-Syn has similar properties to Yupo at a lower price point. Both of these sheets are synthetic substrates, not really playing card material.

I found more information on a different Printplanet thread. Try these in your search.
- koehlerpaper.com

The United States Playing Card Company
Corporate Headquarters
300 Gap Way
Erlanger, KY 41018
Phone: 1-800-543-2273 or 1-800-542-7430
Fax: 1-866-781-5866
Email: [email protected]

Retailer/Wholesaler
Phone: 1-800-543-CARD
Fax: 859-815-7493
Email: [email protected]

I have not worked with either of these so you will need to do your research.
Hope this helps.

Greg

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back