looking for Soft touch UV coating

We are currently working out the details on a job that has similar requirements. I will let you know if I find anything out.

There is a UV soft-touch out there that works great. I have run it without the streaking issues that usually occur. The coating is made by Cork Industries. If you order 5 gallons you will get two buckets with 2.5 gallons in each. You mix the two together really well and you're good to go.

UV soft touch

UV soft touch

The Printer

No offense, but we tried the Cork Industries coating and it streaked pretty bad and being it was a two part system the remainder of the coating went bad. Very expensive test for us, we're still looking for a good product....

Bob

Might be the blades that you're using on your chamber. It might also have to do with the BCM of the anilox roller itself.

Soft Touch Coatings

Soft Touch Coatings

Resolute,

We offer both water based and UV formulations of a soft touch coating. Both formulations offer excellent soft touch feel and are used on everything from cosmetic boxes to automotive interiors. You may reach us at the following:

Rhino Performance Products
Welcome To Rhino Performance Products
866-601-6241

Reyes1377,

I personally prefer the UV soft touch over the water based formulation due to it's a more durable coating while maintaining its soft feel touch. We offer both formulations but have noticed a trend of more customers moving to the UV formulation. I've asked some customers why and I've been told they like the durability of the UV, no high viscosity issues to deal with through the press run, environmentally-friendly, doesn't burnish and no VOC's.

JR1
Rhino Performance Products
Welcome To Rhino Performance Products
866-601-6241

There are hardeners that you can throw into the aqueous soft-touch coating to make it very resistant against scuffing. It really does work wonders.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back