Looking to offer time on a Heidelberg digital press

CliffSpielman

This is not a physical item for sale, but rather is for a lot of time available on a Heidelberg VersaFirel. I'm looking to start my own shop with a Heidelberg VersaFire. So far they handle my specialized digital printing needs a bit better than the Xerox, Canon, KM presses I've tried. By no means do I have enough work to keep a Heidelberg digital running all day - not even close at the moment. So I'm looking for professionals in my area who have work they'd like to do on a VersaFire, at my shop. We can work out an equitable arrangement since my primary goal is just not to not lose money on the press, or at to slow the bleeding.

I'm in Albuquerque, so I imagine this could be appealing to someone either in the Albuquerque or Santa Fe areas, or somewhere in the middle.

I look forward to hearing from you.

This sounds like a dangerous business decision for a not-so great printer. This is just a Ricoh, not a Heidelberg. Ricoh is a fine printer but I wouldn't expect someone to twist their business plan for one. What can a Ricoh do that a Xerox, Canon, KM can't that wouldn't require you to have to form an agreement with another printing facility/competitor?

This sounds like a dangerous business decision for a not-so great printer. This is just a Ricoh, not a Heidelberg. Ricoh is a fine printer but I wouldn't expect someone to twist their business plan for one. What can a Ricoh do that a Xerox, Canon, KM can't that wouldn't require you to have to form an agreement with another printing facility/competitor?

Agreed. I couldn't see a printing company needing to outsource any of their work to this machine. I looked over it and it seems like its just an industry standard printer that is competing with all the other companies, but at a 150k+ price tag. At least thats one that I found. Probably a lot less without finishing equipment. You should really look at something like an OKI that will give you decent prints. I personally know that you need fine printing, and our samples I felt like were pretty good. I hope you have a lot of jobs lined up, but the way it sounds is that you don't. Remember, your going to need minimum 2k/month profit just to pay for the printers lease, assuming 150k lease for 72 months. Honestly, I'm surprised the company is even willing to do the lease. We had to provide a ton of information and conference calls when we got our Xerox 1000i.

So far the VersaFire offers the sharpest printing for the small font sizes my content uses. For all I know, this is the only thing it does better. Your point is well-taken.

Agreed. I couldn't see a printing company needing to outsource any of their work to this machine. I looked over it and it seems like its just an industry standard printer that is competing with all the other companies, but at a 150k+ price tag. At least thats one that I found. Probably a lot less without finishing equipment. You should really look at something like an OKI that will give you decent prints. I personally know that you need fine printing, and our samples I felt like were pretty good. I hope you have a lot of jobs lined up, but the way it sounds is that you don't. Remember, your going to need minimum 2k/month profit just to pay for the printers lease, assuming 150k lease for 72 months. Honestly, I'm surprised the company is even willing to do the lease. We had to provide a ton of information and conference calls when we got our Xerox 1000i.

It's definitely a pricy press, probably too much so. I'm familiar with the lease process and would likely be approved. Why are you surprised they do leases? I very much appreciate you doing the sample prints.

What's an OKI? Okidata? Do you have a specific model in mind? thx

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back