Looking to provide printing and postpress services offshore

oscardiaz

Hello everyone,
I am new at this forum so I am not sure this is the right place to post this.
First, I let me introduce myself.
My name is Oscar Diaz and I own a bookbinding (postpress) company in Uruguay. We are currently the largest in the local market. I am associated with an offset printing company and together we are able to produce high quality brochures, magazines, soft cover and hard cover books. We are interested in working internationally with clients looking to outsource offshore. We have worked for clients in Paraguay, Brazil and Venezuela.
Maybe you can suggest a networking site related to this, I couldn't find one.

Thank you,
Oscar

Hi Oscar,
Can't really help with the question you asked , but...
You might want to consider approaching international companies that are doing business in or near your market. Any big brand that is producing print advertising for your local markets might be open to a local source of production. If you can identify companies that are presently printing somewhere else and importing that should be a good prospect.

Eliminates shipping and customs and hassle. Plus you can give them a much faster way to get their print on the ground. Plus you don't have to compete with China or Asian production. Plus it will be very hard for others near you to compete with you.

Obviously, you speak English very well. I assume that you must be fluent in Spanish. That's a defensible advantage!

They ship you PDF's, you print, bind and deliver locally.

Hope this helps.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back