Lotem_Brisque_TSP error

K

kala

Hi

Again Lotem_brisque problem. This time the problem is morning we starts the brisque we couldnot connect the local network. we tried to change the ip address in both en0 & en1.

for eg : eno ip address is 192.9.100.3 my lotem ip is 192.9.100.2
en1 ip address is 192.192.100.7

now my problem is after changing the ip and removed unnecessary hosts after rebooting the brisque it shows following error:

Brisque startup problems:

Processes not started:
Atalk Brisque
Think Dispatcher

Boards not detected:
SFL
TSP
Rotation
Think

For ur info that ima using tsp card we changed another tsp card also shows the same error. in config it doesnot shows the screen board and tsp.

Kindly advice how to solve this and local network problem we are sharing the local network by pcmaclan

*If i change the main software harddisk and data harddisk of another brisque it shows tsp board but the data hard disk shows folder locked my question is how to unlock the database hard disk.

if i changed the datahard disk of existing brisque files are not yet copied from cd drive though the local network was down.

Kindly help

regards
Kala

Hi

Again Lotem_brisque problem. This time the problem is morning we starts the brisque we couldnot connect the local network. we tried to change the ip address in both en0 & en1.

for eg : eno ip address is 192.9.100.3 my lotem ip is 192.9.100.2
en1 ip address is 192.192.100.7

now my problem is after changing the ip and removed unnecessary hosts after rebooting the brisque it shows following error:

Processes not started:
Atalk Brisque
Think Dispatcher

Boards not detected:
SFL
TSP
Rotation
Think

For ur info that ima using tsp card we changed another tsp card also shows the same error. in config it doesnot shows the screen board and tsp.

Kindly advice how to solve this and local network problem we are sharing the local network by pcmaclan

*If i change the main software harddisk and data harddisk of another brisque it shows tsp board but the data hard disk shows folder locked my question is how to unlock the database hard disk.

if i changed the datahard disk of existing brisque files are not yet copied from cd drive though the local network was down.

Kindly help

regards
Kala

Kala,

Try and do the following to see if the Brisque will recognise the TSP card:

- Open terminal and
write " lsdev –C" < return>

- Check if the TSP identify as nsp0 and as Available ,

if it’s "nsp1" do:

- rmdev –l nsp1 -d ( this will remove it)

- Do " cfgmgr" <return> this should reconfigure the TSP card

Do again "lsdev -C " <return>

- Check that now the TSP identify as nsp0.

good luck.

Hi Patch,

time being i started using another lotem ctp, i tried this command earlier but it doesn't recognise the TSP and in diag & plotter terminal also it doesnt indicate the board.

By suspectation is appletalk brisque error how to solve this because when i started using other brisque it doesnot show appletalk brisque process not started this is the difference between existing brisque and running brisque.

kindly note that if i swap system disk from one running one to problemetic one it recognise TSP board but local network is not working not able to rip/expose not able to copies files thro CD too

* rightnow machine is running with another lotem brisque this is fyi

Hi Kala,
looks like driver for TSP board is not installed.
Open terminal as root.
First - check if symbolic link for driver exists:
cd /etc/drivers
ls -lt nspdd
If symbolic link exists, you'll see this output:
nspdd -> /scitex/version/etc/drivers/nspdd
Second - check if driver binary itself exists:
cd /scitex/version/etc/drivers
ls -lt nspdd
If both symbolic symbolic link and driver binary are in place and after issuing cfgmgr command you don't see the device, that means that TSP driver package is not installed and next step will be to perform odmadd command; but first check link and binary.
Best regards,
Alex Krol

Hi Alexk,

Let me explain breifly.

First thing in brisque local network was down - we changed the ip address in en1 and rebooted the brisque afterthat it shows

Processes not started:
Atalk Brisque
Think Dispatcher

Boards not detected:
SFL
TSP
Rotation
Think

we changed the system harddisk of another brisque it detects TSP board but not rotation board and in that hard disk we are not able to rip/expose the files it shows permisson not allowed.

Finally i got another brisque and now production is started

My question is whether this board was not detected becaz of Appletalk Brisque process not started or something else???

Changing Ip will disable the TSP board driver or Driver got corrupted.

As you said Open terminal as root means at the time of login instead of typing cdesci i have to login us root and password ripro then i have to type
cd/etc/drivers then enter
ls -lt nspdd
ls -lt nspdd

let me try this and get back to you if anything wrong in my statement pls correct it.

Instead of cdesci login if i type login : SciSmit what is the SciSmit password.

Let me try this and get back to you

regards
kala

Hi Patch Hi AlexK

after resetting ethershare everything is working ok. this is fyi.

thanks & regards
kala

Hi Kala,
1) You can open terminal from Brisque session UI.
2) SciSmit is not a user - it's a script/utility
3) No direct connection between AppleTalk and TSP board at all (but see my last point)
4) SFL and Think boards are absent in your Brisque ( and, probably, Rotation board as well).
5) In all probability, you are not able to Rip/expose due to licensing issues (you can see enabled configuration via SciSmit utility). Oh, and symbolic link may be absent due to licensing issues as well - if there's no license, what you have is RiproBase configuration - RIP/expose disabled, h/w boards not activated etc etc. And in this case AppleTalk is not started as well - together with some other vital processes. So that may be your real problem - no license.

Hi Alexk,

Let me explain breifly.

First thing in brisque local network was down - we changed the ip address in en1 and rebooted the brisque afterthat it shows

Processes not started:
Atalk Brisque
Think Dispatcher

Boards not detected:
SFL
TSP
Rotation
Think

we changed the system harddisk of another brisque it detects TSP board but not rotation board and in that hard disk we are not able to rip/expose the files it shows permisson not allowed.

Finally i got another brisque and now production is started

My question is whether this board was not detected becaz of Appletalk Brisque process not started or something else???

Changing Ip will disable the TSP board driver or Driver got corrupted.

As you said Open terminal as root means at the time of login instead of typing cdesci i have to login us root and password ripro then i have to type
cd/etc/drivers then enter
ls -lt nspdd
ls -lt nspdd

let me try this and get back to you if anything wrong in my statement pls correct it.

Instead of cdesci login if i type login : SciSmit what is the SciSmit password.

Let me try this and get back to you

regards
kala

kALA,

fOR YOUR INFO

instead of "cdesci"
you type " root" <return>
"ripro" <return>
and next if you want to get into "SCISMIT" JUST TYPE THIS IN AND IT WILL TAKE YOU TO IT.

kALA,

fOR YOUR INFO

instead of "cdesci"
you type " root" <return>
"ripro" <return>
and next if you want to get into "SCISMIT" JUST TYPE THIS IN AND IT WILL TAKE YOU TO IT.

Hi Pach

after resetting and reconfiguring ethershare all the above problem was solved this is fyi. thanks

Hi Kala,
1) You can open terminal from Brisque session UI.
2) SciSmit is not a user - it's a script/utility
3) No direct connection between AppleTalk and TSP board at all (but see my last point)
4) SFL and Think boards are absent in your Brisque ( and, probably, Rotation board as well).
5) In all probability, you are not able to Rip/expose due to licensing issues (you can see enabled configuration via SciSmit utility). Oh, and symbolic link may be absent due to licensing issues as well - if there's no license, what you have is RiproBase configuration - RIP/expose disabled, h/w boards not activated etc etc. And in this case AppleTalk is not started as well - together with some other vital processes. So that may be your real problem - no license.

Hi Alexk

after resetting and reconfiguring ethershare all the above problem was solved this is fyi. thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back