LP 82 Ultra Processor Stink

Robin Mack

Hi All,

We have a LP82 Ultra Processor. About 6 years old. Recently (about a month or so ago) the machine developed a really bad smell when it is first started up in the morning. I had flushed all chemistry and thoroughly cleaned it and it was better but it has since returned. It is worse after sitting idle for the weekend and only ocassionally does it during the week at startup. Once the machine is warmed up and running a while the smell goes away. I have tried leaving the lid open for circulation but that doesn't seem to help much. I keep this machine clean, flush rinse tank weekly and dev & finish monthly or sooner if needed. All rollers are removed and scrubbed monthly. Any ideas?

Robin

Re: LP 82 Ultra Processor Stink

is the smell a burning smell. I wonder if it could be the heating elements (like when you turn on your furnace for the first time after the summer)...

do what I do... Do a full maintenance every other monday. I have smelled a burning smell like the smell of burning hair.. I just think its from the heater.

I leave our processor on 24/7 and only turn it to inactive mode on very long weekens.

It's not a burning smell. More like something died in it. I've noticed a mold that grows on the finishing tank lid and thought maybe it was that, but I don't think so. I'll try leaving it on 24/7 and see if that helps.

Hi,
Check that the waste pipes is ok (i dont know if the processor put the waste in a container or directly to the sewer system), clean and check if there is enough space so the waste can circulate, maybe the pipes has sediment on the walls ( a good cleaner for the pipes in the wash, rinse and gum section is the developer, so try it)
The water in the wash section must be changed every single day.
In my opinion, is not the processor itself, is the sewer system that receive the waste of the processor. (if you have directly and not to a container)

Bye

my recent experience is that the developer has met the finisher somewhere.
maybe in the waste tank or polishing (neutralizing)unit.

Once per 3 month use the BLEACH/Javex solution during maintenace (approx 250 ml per every section) - it kills the algae.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back