Mac Quark question

Al Ferrari

Sometimes, but not always when saving project files after an edit I get an additional file with an odd name such as "TXP007B5D9B0BDD3DA3.noindex" with the same time stamp in the finder as the project file just saved.

These will not open in the version in which I am working which is 8.51. Does anyone know what these are about? Does it have to do with the file having had a history of Quark 9.x and having been saved down to Q 8?

Thanks for any insight,

Al

Probably some kind of temp file, perhaps some working file that has to do with converting the downsaved version. Even downsaved, there is likely to be some info in the file that belongs to the newer version.

Whatever it is, it's not something to worry about. Quark will spit out some goofy extra files that like now and again.

I think it involves corn husks.
The only other kerning I know of involves character spacing, however “kerneling” might be something that the NSA could be interested in.

The Norwegian Spacing Authority is very interested in kerning! And oddly enough corn husks too.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back