Machine for 50 000+ A3 impressions monthly

alamos

Hello, I would like to ask you for advice about ideal machine in these conditions:

We print approx 50 000 A3 impressions monthly
We use mainly 150 gsm or 350 gsm coated paper and print on it products like posters, business cards, postcards etc...
Our main requirements are:
1. Automatic duplex up to 300 or 350gsm
2. Great front/back registration

We are currently using Ricoh c751 and this machine seemed ideal for us, but Ricoh's dealer terminated contract with us because of our high coverage (they tell us we have avg. coverage of 60% and that we are simply using too much cartridge).

When I was looking for some other machine, they all look either too expensive or too dumb. We were using Ricoh for one year and before it we used Xerox c550.

Thank you for your advice. (Maybe some sub-question. Have you ever had problem with ink coverage?).

alamos how's the registration on Ricoh c751? thinking of buying this machine

I have an xerox dc5000ap and it would suite you're criteria but the quality on Ricoh is in my opinion better than dc5000ap (unless you're a real fan of oily prints) but the registration is flawless

Registration on Ricoh c751 is very good when you have well prepared paper. About image quality ... it goes down very quickly ... we have now 600 000 impressions and e.g. yesterday we had problem with random huge magenta flakes on yellow posters. Some quality defect appears almost every day (what can be on the other hand just result of poor local service).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back