Machine Identification Code ruining my prints.

Astro13

Hi, I have a Xerox C8000DT and a C8000W.

For my business i use a lot of foiling and clear lamination processes. For foiling its not so bad, I use 100% K & i don't see the issue but if I'm trying to overprint on soft touch lamination With my white toner printer the tracking dots are plastered all over my printed sheet! This is incredibly frustrating, is there a work around or am i going to be forced to look for another printer that doesn't use tracking dots?!

Seems really silly to me that a White toner printer that is predominantly used in these circumstances has these dots.

thanks

Those dots are supposed to be extremely small. Barely visible to the eye. Is the background so dark? Also.. I thought they were supposed to be printed in yellow. (?)
Our problem was foiling. Foil sticks to the tiny dots too. Looks all sparkly across the page. .

Attachments

• 20240424_172511.jpg
    20240424_172511.jpg
    670 KB · Views: 70
  • 20240424_172519.jpg
    20240424_172519.jpg
    944.7 KB · Views: 69
Holy smokes you weren't kidding!!! I always assumed the tracking dots were sparsely applied, never considered that they'd cover the entire sheet like that.
Does this happen only on white print? I'm not super familiar with that model printer, but I would definitely try test prints with the "Print white only", "Adjust for gray paper", "Adjust for white paper" etc settings and see if you can recreate the issue or isolate it to a particular mode.

Hi, I have a Xerox C8000DT and a C8000W.

For my business i use a lot of foiling and clear lamination processes. For foiling its not so bad, I use 100% K & i don't see the issue but if I'm trying to overprint on soft touch lamination With my white toner printer the tracking dots are plastered all over my printed sheet! This is incredibly frustrating, is there a work around or am i going to be forced to look for another printer that doesn't use tracking dots?!

Seems really silly to me that a White toner printer that is predominantly used in these circumstances has these dots.

thanks
Hi Astro...when we fusion foil we print a rich black .....100%K 100%C 100%M,,,,the Tracking (Forensic) Dots are only printed in the Yellow....When we eliminate Yellow....we eliminate the Tracking Dots.....Fusing Foil only adheres to the plastics in any toner...check the digital file to make sure that there is no yellow used in the creation of the digital file.....good luck

Those dots are supposed to be extremely small. Barely visible to the eye. Is the background so dark? Also.. I thought they were supposed to be printed in yellow. (?)
Our problem was foiling. Foil sticks to the tiny dots too. Looks all sparkly across the page. .
Hi, i eliminated Y and its still producing them. My issue is as well my current project is mainly yellow! Ill grab a pic, its awful

Hi Astro...when we fusion foil we print a rich black .....100%K 100%C 100%M,,,,the Tracking (Forensic) Dots are only printed in the Yellow....When we eliminate Yellow....we eliminate the Tracking Dots.....Fusing Foil only adheres to the plastics in any toner...check the digital file to make sure that there is no yellow used in the creation of the digital file.....good luck
tbh im fine with foiling in most instances as i use full 100% k which doesnt introduce them, the issue starts when im trying to clear gloss lam by overprinting in colour. ill send a pic!

Check this out!!

Attachments

• PXL_20240425_090033453.jpg
    PXL_20240425_090033453.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 48
  • PXL_20240425_090024571.jpg
    PXL_20240425_090024571.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 48
Holy smokes you weren't kidding!!! I always assumed the tracking dots were sparsely applied, never considered that they'd cover the entire sheet like that.
Does this happen only on white print? I'm not super familiar with that model printer, but I would definitely try test prints with the "Print white only", "Adjust for gray paper", "Adjust for white paper" etc settings and see if you can recreate the issue or isolate it to a particular mode.
Doesn't happen with 100% W or K just CM or Y for me! kind of makes the point in a white toner printer redundant it really does!.

If you are only foiling make sure you use 100% K this will not happen then.

Print CMYK to a board - Lam in soft touch or anti scratch - Run through the printer again for the areas i want to gloss - lamination machine for the clear gloss laminate

I think he's referring to a type of "foiling" Looks like lamination, but it lays down a shiny gloss that sticks to toner only. Just like foil. But clear, and shiny.

If you are only foiling make sure you use 100% K this will not happen then.
I'll try.. But we've tried a few things already, without success. So we mostly Foil 1st, then over print around the foil. Knock out the foiled portions.

We don't have "white print" anymore. Used it very little when we had it. But apparently, if you're printing the foil image in 100% k, the security dots are not applied. Note, on my Canon1350 you HAVE to choose the Grayscale option in the print queue file properties, in addition to specifying 100% k.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back