Making plates remotely?

warlegs

We are looking into establishing a connection with a prepress service borough to be able to get the prepress work done when we don't have coverage. Unfortunately, there aren't many close to our shop. Files can easily be sent and received obviously but does anyone know if it's possible to have the prepress work done offsite and be able to make plates here? We are using Prinect and have a Suprasetter. Be great if they could send the approved jobs/files right to our Suprasetter so we don't have to go pick them up...

We are looking into establishing a connection with a prepress service borough to be able to get the prepress work done when we don't have coverage. Unfortunately, there aren't many close to our shop. Files can easily be sent and received obviously but does anyone know if it's possible to have the prepress work done offsite and be able to make plates here? We are using Prinect and have a Suprasetter. Be great if they could send the approved jobs/files right to our Suprasetter so we don't have to go pick them up...
I remote all the time for various prepress work. Just need access to the correct workstation and you need someone to load the plates in the imager.

Look into a VPN for your workplace. Much more secure than an open RDP connection to the outside world.

Look into a VPN for your workplace. Much more secure than an open RDP connection to the outside world.
A lot depends on his current network topology.
HIRE someone who sets up networks/firewalls etc. for a living.
If you don't have someone already on staff or that you can call for IT services then DON'T DO IT.
This should be a one-shot deal if his network is already robust and secure.

So here's what should be our next survey topic:
Who handles your I.T. security?
1. Internal Employee
2. Provided as a Service
3. Contracted Basis
4. etc. IDK (I don't know)

:)

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back