ManRoland 300 4 color

G

Hi, I am a former Heidleberg SM 74 (1997 model) operator but recently quit that job an now operate a ManRoland 300 (1999 model) with my new employer.

Can some experienced ManRoland operators explain the transition roller to me. Some may call it the bridge roller, it joins the ink and water rollers. When to use it and when not too? The current method is not using it at all but I choose integrate on the 4th unit just to try it out. I assumed when the roller engaged to join the ink and water rollers that it would stay in place while printing but it just engaged then disengaged. When I operated the Heidleberg we kept the bridge roller engaged at all times.

I am wanting to learn as much as I can about this press, thanks!

Also, the ManRoland 300 splatters when it washes up. Splatters the guards and the roller ends/side frame. the roller ends/bearings are a mess. Is this a characteristic of the press?

It is just like z roller on Heidelberg, running integrated or not depends on the job coverage.
With heavy ink coverage it's better to run engaged and on low coverage jobs avoid using it as it can lead to over emulsification of inks.

Last edited:
Hello. This bridge roller engages when you wash up in order to clean the dampening rollers. Ensure that it is correctly set and it should help with the wash up problem.

Thanks for replying.

aqazi81, there is a lot of pantone/spot color work ran with this 4 color. Some of the work is heavy coverage an I thought integrating, at times, would be a benefit. I selected integrate on one of the units to see what the transition/bridge roller would do an like I said, when it began impression, the roller engaged joining the ink and water systems but did not stay engaged. Shouldn't the transition/bridge roller stay engage while printing?

G-man, thanks for the helpful info. From what I know the bridge roller is not set correctly. I think it has been neglected since it hasn't been used as a printing option. I did watch it during wash up an it engages and stays engaged, so yes, setting it should help splatter.

Thanks!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back