Marks Lead Edge to Trail Edge

REHSR

Looking for some guidance PLEASE,
Versant V-180 suddenly I have marks one side of my prints.
IBT Belt looks great, all drums are between 80-95 %
All Toners are 70% plus. I only use OEM Xerox Toner and Drums
Switched drums around (no change)
Tried switching paper stock.
They appear on Uncoated, Coated 8.5 x 11, 11x17 ,18x12 19x13. 90 thru 300 GSM.
Replaced IBT Cleaner Assy, 2nd BTR is fairly new estimated has less than 10,000 clicks. (Currently waiting on a Back Up 2nd BTR)
Humidity in print room is a solid 65 % everything has been working fine came back after 4 days holiday and it started.
Happens on all colors, The first two pictures are from Fuser Cleaning, the third Red is a sample of the marks as well as the 4th Black is a partial of an actual print.

Fuser Clean 1.pngFuser Clean 2.pngRED.pngBlack Print.png

Can you see the lines on the 2nd BTR? I know you said it's new, but if you were running coated stock only since it was replaced, that might cause the issue.

Can you see the lines on the 2nd BTR? I know you said it's new, but if you were running coated stock only since it was replaced, that might cause the issue.
2nd BTR is very clean and smooth, checked both rollers and the cleaning strip, no marks or damage to any of them.
I'm considering buying one of the steel rollers for the 2nd BTR as 90% of what I run is all coated stock.
I'm told they make a big difference in 2nd BTR. But don't anyone who has actually used them in production.

Humidity in print room is a solid 65 %
I just went through a humidity "ordeal" myself. The vaporized tap water was putting a coating of minerals on my Iridesse's charge wires and ROS windows, causing a very similar looking print defect. Turning off the humidifier immediately resolved the problem.

I was thinking about that, I went through, the whole ordeal with Xerox and having to use Xerox Paper and room must be 65 % humidity.
After a year of battle finally found a reliable stock and a happy medium with the humidity.
Now thinking about it, I was gone for 4 days, and shop was closed up, you're probably right I have a buildup and just need to dry it out and run it.
I'll give it a shot and open up the room and dry it out for 24 hours.

Once the humidifier deposits make their way to the charge wires, they don't go away when the humidifier is turned off. Think of it as a calcium buildup, not moisture. Replacing the charge wires (and ultimately having the Xerox tech clean the ROSs) was the only way to resolve my problem until we figured out the source.

what direction are the lines running
in the future its best to post the whole image ,which can explain the real problem

I was thinking about that, I went through, the whole ordeal with Xerox and having to use Xerox Paper and room must be 65 % humidity.
Is this a typo, 65% humidity? It's not recommended that paper even be stored at humidity levels over 55%. In the summer I keep my humidity to under 50% and in the winter at around 40% and don't have any issues. I stay away from cool mist humidifiers and use only pad style evaporative humidifiers to eliminate minerals settling on everything.

What do you mean "one side of print"? When duplexing you only see these marks on one side, or you see them on both sides when duplexing? How far apart are the marks?

I'd start with printing full flood sheets at 50% of each cmyk color individually. If it shows up only on one color, I'd start with that drum. I did this yesterday and it was just the black drum... cmy were fine, but in a composite, I couldn't tell

Unfortunate update, I'm back to Square One.
Tech just left after checking Transfer Belt, 2nd BTR, Fuser, replaced all 4 drums.
Cleaned both ROS units. Said that it was normal for the V-180 because not enough humidity in the room because, I had it shutdown.
Once again telling me to use Xerox paper. Which is not available?
Yet I have run over 30,000 18x12 sheets without any problem till this.
Back to grind I know it's got be there somewhere.
Thank you for all your suggestions and insight.

those lines are from the fuser
are you sure you changed the fuser belt assembly
why dont you stop the paper half way into the fuser and check to see if the portion in the fuser has the lines

azehnali, Thank you for the suggestion.
I ran serval pages and stopped them as you suggested however the line is there before going into the fuser.
Again, I ran a full color page or each color to rule out Drums or contaminated toner.
If I'm thinking correctly if it were in the ROS, it wouldn't show up on all four colors.
ROS 1 is for Black & Cyan, ROS 2 is for Yellow & Magenta, correct?
Has a brand new IBT cleaner and the 2nd BTR is clean absolutely free of any marks or scratches.
Tech checked the 2nd BTR but I'm beginning to believe that's the problem.

Attachments

• IMG_0076.png
    IMG_0076.png
    426.3 KB · Views: 23
can you run a normal full color print and post the photo
also do you know how to pull the ibt drawer out?
also is the mark like toner is scrapping or like an indentation ?

azehnali,
Here's a picture we have seen before. Sorry but all I have is my phone this afternoon.
But when you zoom in see all the lines in her shoulder and hair.
They actually run full length of the image. They appear as indentations, but you can't really feel them.
You can see the deepest one at the top of the picture.
Ran the same picture on 19x13,18x12,17x11. From the center of the page the marks start at 93 mm.
Approx 3 mm wide and 12 mm apart and are the same place from the center of the page.
Yes, I'm very familiar with pulling the IBT drawer and changing the belt.
Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Attachments

• full.jpeg
    full.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 119
when you stopped the paper halfway through the fuser was half the image non fused?
I would stop the sheet just as it enters the fuser
then remove the paper and pull the ibt drawer out and see if you can see the marks on the ibt belt
you will have to turn the belt counter clockwise to see the image

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back