Matching offset fingerprinted CMYK proofs to digital HP30K press

I am not sure yet have to ask, so if i lower the Tac before the DFE (in the file) the correct setting in the DFE is NO conversion from CMYK to CMYk i get it right?

I am not sure yet have to ask, so if i lower the Tac before the DFE (in the file) the correct setting in the DFE is NO conversion from CMYK to CMYk i get it right?
What you should do depends on the outcome you're aiming for.

In my opinion, there are only two ways to apply accurate color management to a CMYK press (whether digital or analog):

A. Convert the artwork to the press-specific CMYK profile (either before the DFE or within the DFE workflow).
B. Calibrate the press to match a CMYK color profile/standard by adjusting TVI and densities to align accurately with the CMYK profile/standard, or use the G7 method.

If you're not following one of these approaches, you're not technically operating within a color-managed print workflow.

You can adjust TAC and GCR to suit your needs in either of these methods.

Simply reducing the TAC in the PDF won’t achieve much if you’re unsure of how the file is being processed by the DFE or RIP. Any CMYK conversion in the DFE will most likely change the TAC of the incoming image.

What you should do depends on the outcome you're aiming for.

In my opinion, there are only two ways to apply accurate color management to a CMYK press (whether digital or analog):

A. Convert the artwork to the press-specific CMYK profile (either before the DFE or within the DFE workflow).
B. Calibrate the press to match a CMYK color profile/standard by adjusting TVI and densities to align accurately with the CMYK profile/standard, or use the G7 method.

If you're not following one of these approaches, you're not technically operating within a color-managed print workflow.

You can adjust TAC and GCR to suit your needs in either of these methods.

Simply reducing the TAC in the PDF won’t achieve much if you’re unsure of how the file is being processed by the DFE or RIP. Any CMYK conversion in the DFE will most likely change the TAC of the incoming image.
This was very detailed thank you, You know if i can use the Eye1 pro spectro to measure the Tac in the final print? I dont have access to the DFE yet and this is the only way to find out if the re is a differnce with the file i send .
Regards

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back