Mathcprint Proofer - Backup files?

PantherMac

I suspect the RIP to my Matchrprint proofer is about to bite the farm (locking up frequently, something about a corrupt /system32/system file? :D )
... Checked my original box (haven't since it was hooked up), got me Ghost CD's, so in a bind, I can get it back. BUT... what calibration files, templates, etc., should I try to backup, so that restoration is easy?
Is there a directory or two (or gaggle of files), I can simply replace w/ my copies once the ghosted drive is back up, or do I have to go through a whole instal/calibration process all over again?
Thanks.

- Mac

Heya Chuckie,

Thanks for the eMail. Ghost Discs say 3.2.2.
I don't think there were any updates applied (I certainly didn't apply any).
Thanks.

- Mac

Hi, so for clarity, I should just mention that I am the support manager for Kodak Proofing Software here in Vancouver.

KPS has a backup feature in the administrator- in the admin there is a backup/restore tab. Go there and hit backup

Once you have done this if you navigate to

E:\Backup\3.2.2.xxx (where xxx is probably either 169 or 171)

You will find a file called something like

Controllerbackup.zip

export that to somewhere safe and remote to the KPS controller.
Reghost your system

put the file back in the same location

go to the admin feature in KPS

then to the backup restore pane and click restore.

All your proofers, hotfolders, profiles etc will be restored

hope this is of assistance to you

Just for your info, once you upgrade to KPS version 4 when you hit backup it will enable you to choose where to place the file mentioned above, either locally or somewhere else on your network.

Thanks

Charlie

Charlie Manson | Inkjet Escalation and Technical Applications Group Manager, Prepress Solutions | Graphic Communications Group |
Kodak Graphic Communications Canada Company | 4225 Kincaid Street | Burnaby, B.C., V5G 4P5 | Canada |
[email protected] | +001 (604) 451-2700

Last edited:
Awesome! I knew there had to be an easy way!
Now.. if I can just remember the password..... (lil help?)
LOL! Thanks Charlie!

- Mac

Its

thank you, I will be here all week, try the steak its awesome :)

If its the adminsistrator in the KPS you are trying to access its

prooferAdmin

thanks

Charlie

Thanks Charlie!
I'll tell the boys across the river on State Street to give you a Raise!
Thanks again.

- Mac

Hi Charlie,

Thanks again for your help earlier.
I'm getting an error message ("An error occurred backing up the system settings").
I take it I should open a case w/ the response center at this point, eh?
Thanks.

- Mac

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back