Max Os big print problem

RBA2000

After a bad week, a lot of computers are stolen at the workplace, we try to keep it working on the work floor, but…
I have to work with a 2,1 Ghz powerpc G5 met Max Os X versie 10.4.11 but cant print anything!
As I try to print, all software closes it’s self and no print can be made!
Any one out there with an idea?

Does the g5 have any other symptoms apart from refusing to print ?
Disk utility - repair permissions. Take a look in utilities > console > logs to see what happens. Clean install mac os 10.4.11 if necessary. Do you have the OS boot disc (10.4.11) ?

Well, as far as I can see, there are no other weird symptoms on this Mac.
Everything to the viper rip works fine but printing to the Xerox machine is …
I tried to look in utilities > console > logs but… sorry, I really don’t have a clue where to look for.
There are so many different log files and some are just abracadabra to me.

Very old school here, but I figure I'd toss it out. Have you tried rebuilding PRAM? Also, we have found some really goofy errors because of classic running. Last but not least, empty the print queue.

try deleting the printer, downloading a new/fresh version of the driver, reinstalling the driver, repairing the permissions and then adding the printer back in the print center.

Try printing without the fonts loaded. I assume you are printing directly from one application to the device. Do all applications fail to print on only this one? Also try to print to a file (PDF) with the same application.

p

Does your Xerox have a RIP that can accept drag/dropped PDF files?
We had a similar issue, and as a temp. fix I just output to PDF and drag/drop'd into our Command Workstation. Turned out to be a cups permissions issue.

If all else fails, that Mac will run OS 10.5.8
I'm sure you could find an install dvd around.

What is the native program the PDF was created in? Like Vlad Canada said that rip usually doesn't support PDFs, I'd bet you might be running at a different postscript level too if the PDF is from a newer program. Best of luck sorry to hear about the theft.

Sorry forgot this on my post, you might try running the file as postscript and/or eps. We had to do that with an old rip when the good one went down.

Still no print

Still no print

Sorry men, non of the above.
It doesn’t matter if I try to PDF or…
If I try to print from Microsoft Entourage (versie 12.1.3) it’s only possible by clicking on the icon (printer image) but not from without the menu <Print>.
A PDF trying to print with Preview (not sure if it is the right applicatie name because in dutch it’s ‘voorvertoning’), nothing is possible.
From without Xpress, only to the Viper Rip > Agfa accuset 1000 is possible but no other printer.
Nothing is possible from without any Adobe application.
So, its #!@#!!&%
:mad:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back