MBM Triumph Cutters

Hi All,

I have a MBM 5260 that I bought new 3 years ago. It has been the biggest Piece of JUNK - they have some defective parts (Actuators) that since new have not worked correctly. They keep having problems and they do not want to warranty them out.

Who do you recommend for a new cutter. I am in the market.

Look for a used hydraulic from a dealer. You can pick up a much better hydraulic for what the 5260 cost you.
Challenge and Polar are both great brands. I would avoid the Morgana/Ideal cutters. It was very limited in pile height & the back gauge kept going out of square.
Look at this as an opportunity to improve you capabilities. Cutters are such an essential piece of equipment and often get overlooked.

Look for a used hydraulic from a dealer. You can pick up a much better hydraulic for what the 5260 cost you.
Challenge and Polar are both great brands. I would avoid the Morgana/Ideal cutters. It was very limited in pile height & the back gauge kept going out of square.
Look at this as an opportunity to improve you capabilities. Cutters are such an essential piece of equipment and often get overlooked.
Thx.great suggestions!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back