Metrix 2013 user - other options?

prepress labels

Hello!

We're a user of Metrix 2013 (one standalone license, one operator), and looking to upgrade. We've been quoted a several-license, five-figure price to get to the latest Metrix from EFI, and it seems like overkill for us. We're an offset printer, running one-sided, ganged work.

I've perused this thread and compiled a small list of alternatives:

What other options are out there for imposition, and has anyone had experience moving from Metrix to another imposition solution? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

If you can handle the lack of direct support Devalipi ImpoStudio is very inexpensive and has most needed features while being extremely inexpensive comparatively.
We use it almost exclusively with our DFE's because it is fast and easy.
We use Preps and Prinergy for offset work because of the existing library of work and the complexities while running CTP.
And did I say it was inexpensive? LOL

If you can handle the lack of direct support Devalipi ImpoStudio is very inexpensive and has most needed features while being extremely inexpensive comparatively.
We use it almost exclusively with our DFE's because it is fast and easy.
We use Preps and Prinergy for offset work because of the existing library of work and the complexities while running CTP.
And did I say it was inexpensive? LOL
Thanks for the feedback! We'll be using offset-only, and our existing Metrix 2013 has a number of saved standard layouts.

Preps: is that part of a bigger prepress system, or can it stand by itself?
Prinergy: is that only available with a Kodak prepress system?

Thanks for the feedback! We'll be using offset-only, and our existing Metrix 2013 has a number of saved standard layouts.

Preps: is that part of a bigger prepress system, or can it stand by itself?
Prinergy: is that only available with a Kodak prepress system?
Preps and Prinergy are both Kodak prepress system products.
Preps can be standalone, I think.
And by the way Devalipi ImpoStudio (commercial version) is fine for offset just not what we use it for here.
PS - not affiliated with Devalipi or Kodak.

Last edited:
[Disclaimer: I work at Tilia Labs]

Have you checked out the planning and imposition product tilia Phoenix by Tilia Labs (http://www.tilialabs.com)? Tilia Phoenix will handle all of your offset flat and folded imposition work. Further, Tilia Phoenix works as a stand-alone product exporting JDF to your existing workflow and/or imposed print-ready PDF's directly to your RIP.

Quick overview of tilia Phoenix here: tilia Phoenix - ImpositionAI Explained

If you are looking at automating some or all of your imposition work, we integrate seamlessly with MIS systems via our open API, hotfolders, CSV, JDF, and/or XML. Tilia Phoenix runs on both MacOS and Windows (also Linux in automation mode) as well.

Hello!

We're a user of Metrix 2013 (one standalone license, one operator), and looking to upgrade. We've been quoted a several-license, five-figure price to get to the latest Metrix from EFI, and it seems like overkill for us. We're an offset printer, running one-sided, ganged work.

I've perused this thread and compiled a small list of alternatives:

What other options are out there for imposition, and has anyone had experience moving from Metrix to another imposition solution? Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Do have a look at Imp software- Ganging Software for folding cartons, signage, labels, books & covers

Write to us at [email protected] for customized demo.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back