MGI Jetvarnish

geoman

I am getting some samples spot varnished (spot UV) on an MGI Jetvarnish machine. I am supposed to supply the varnish plate artwork as a 1-bit Tiff file. A PDF or layered Illustrator file cannot be accepted. All the artwork was created in Illustrator, including the varnish plate. I am loathed to convert the vector files to bitmap, because for one, the file size creases expentially, and second, it defeats my all-vector design workflow.

Does anyone have any experience on this machine and if supplying the varnish in PDF would be OK.

A 1-bit tif with an lzw or ccitt group 4 compression wont way much. What workflow do you use ?
most workflow will have those output option and just output this single plate, like sending to a CTP.

MGI JetVarnish 3D

MGI JetVarnish 3D

Saw the new 3D version of JetVarnish in Drupa. Quite interesting, Supposingly it will both spot varnish and emboss. Has anyone else seen it...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back