Misinformation from KM Sales Rep

JodyTX

I don't know what to do about some misinformation I received from a KM sales rep that involved my recent purchase. The machine is installed, but I haven't yet given KM the money from the loan I took out to pay for the machine.

When we were purchasing a KM C5500, I told the sales rep that I had noticed a C5501 model was now available. Comparing it to a new car purchase, I asked if I was buying last year's model instead of the current new model.

The sales rep, in front of another KM employee (who backed him up), told me that the ONLY difference between the C5500 and C5501 was that KM had added a port to the C5501 to allow an external RIP to be pluged in -- and other than that, there was no difference and that everything internally in the machine was the exact same.

On the internet, I come across a KM presentation about the new C6501 and C5501 models that says one of the main features of the new models vs. the old is "Density variation sometimes inhibits further expansion of our business in commercial printing areas." I'm in the commercial printing area.

The presentation then goes on to list ALL the differences between the old and new models.

"Density Variation Enhancements: Writing lens material changed to lower moisture-absorption level to counter effects of humidity, Lens Adjustment mechanism to alter beam shape, Wavelength plate adjustment added, Charging wire height adjustment mechanism added, Charging wire stopper block height changed +25%, Change of screen dot to improve density fluctuation and gradation, Independent density adjustment to 8 separate “block” areas, Fine adjustment to density by user added, 14 point measurement to evaluate density and adjust to achieve a Delta E of 5 or less, current 6500 spec is Delta E of 10. A 100% improvement."

The document also listed other improvements.

"An Even Longer Machine Life: Additional PM parts available, i.e.; roller bearings to extend reliability and engine life, New drum surface –smooth and polished to eliminate marks on drum by staying cleaner, Laser drive board design changes and improvements"

So any suggestions on how you would handle this?

Thanks.

Some reps don't know anything about the machines they sell except what their tech guys happen to tell them.

Sounds like the typical sales BS to me, back to the used car dealership for him! Sometimes I wonder if sales actually know what they are selling, or if they make up the crap on the fly. Good for you for taking the time to check their "facts"! Unfortunately this is across the board with every manufacture, one salesman told me that "there are just too many models to know them all" after I caught him in a mis-truth. Isn't that their JOB!

Not a good situation. Its so important to have a relationship with the rep and be able to trust them. Some are upfront, honest, and knowledgable, some are not. It is an industry wide issue. I would print it all off, and take it back to them. Demand that you get the 5501

I would use this to your advantage. Go and speak with the highest ranking person you can find. Tell them you were lied to. Demand the new model and Free something; Clicks, lower click charge, 1 charge 11X17. Pick high and if you swear to go elsewhere, they will cave. It is end of the year and they will all need business they can get. (who doesn't)

Misiformation sounds so Politically Correct. If they sells rep did not know, then he is an idiot. If he did know, then he lied to you. Plan and simple.

"Misinformation" equals "Lie"

DO NOT pay them ever until you are completel satisfied. You have the money AND the machne so ergo you hold ALL of the cards. Play them to your full advantage. Like oh say,

New model for the same price
Free clicks
Fiery/Creo Upgrade

Whatever you can get. The prick lied and he needs to pay for it as does K-M for having him on the payroll. PM me as I can and will drect you to some of the senior K-M people in the Production Group.

It's time to take this "Sales Professional" to the woodshed and you're just the man for the job.

Tell them you are in contact with your attorney and that Xerox is bringing in a Docucolor 700. Watch how fast they show up with the new machine.

Tell them you are in contact with your attorney and that Xerox is bringing in a Docucolor 700. Watch how fast they show up with the new machine.

That will work also. I'm relucatant personally to invoke the "Im gonna call my Lawyer" card because ultimately you're going to have to work with these people tomorrow. If you can isolate the Sales Rep which in this case shouldn't be to difficult and make him/her the focus of your dissatisfaction then you leave the door open to mending a fence.

However, if the above fails by all means use ALL of the tools in your bag in order to be treated fairly.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back