Missing L* Values in my Profile

arossetti

Trying to make a profile for my iGen and having trouble. When inspecting the profile after creation I'm missing a big chunk of the bottom of the gamut. If the 3D GRACoL gamut should look like a diamond my profile looks like a pyramid.

I know you will need more information from what I'm providing but I figured I can answer detailed questions instead of just posting a wall of text to start. I profiled my Versant 2100 with the same software and workflow and got great results, not sure what is happening with the iGen.

Are you creating a CMYK or RGB printer profile? How do you send the targets to the press - print them, copy to a hot folder?

Did the original charts have some minor visual distinction between dark patches, or were they all very dark too with little perceptual difference?

It could just be a bad measurement.

You can try to work out what happened, or just start again! Create a new baseline calibration and output say 3 forms (morning, lunch, end of day), then measure/average all the charts together.

What hardware? What measurement mode? What ICC software to create the profile? What 3D gamut viewing software?

Stephen

I have remeasured using several different targets and have attempted this maybe 10 times over several different weeks.

Measurement is being performed by an Xrite isis, M1 mode, using EFI Fiery Color Profiler Suite. I have viewed the gamut in the EFI Suite and also in ColorThink.

Looking at the Target I couldn't see anything that looked odd.

If you send me the measurement data, I would be happy to run it through different profiling software for comparison.

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back