Mitsubishi-1F- 5

dppkarur

Dear friends,
I am medium level printer from South India. I have recently installed
Mitsubishi-1F-5 colour machine . This machine i bought from Canada. It is good machine and the year is 1999. About 67 miill impresions. There is small problem in Ink key settings.
if we set the inks for example at 15 scale fro Key no 1 to Key no 21 . but in printing the
the colour are not even. I even changed the Ink key motors, but issue is still there. Any Service engineers pl advice .

thanks
Ganesh

bring all the keys down to zero and check if the ink is even on the duct roller, if not the keys need zero setting.

bring all the keys down to zero and check if the ink is even on the duct roller, if not the keys need zero setting.

Printerpete,

I have a question re zero setting on conventional presses.

When you zero set, do you set the zero set point so the ink film thickness on the ink fountain is at a certain value?

What value do you set it to or do you just look for an even ink film and make a guess for the ink film thickness based on experience?

Thanks for any comments.

Zero Set Ink Slides

Zero Set Ink Slides

Erik,

The Norm when manual Zero setting - is to see a Visual Even Transparent Ink Film across the width of the ink fountain roller. We would't wont to ruin the ink slide tips !!

Regards, Alois

Last edited:
Erik,

The Norm when manual Zero setting - is to see a Visual Even Transparent Ink Film across the width of the ink fountain roller. We would't wont to ruin the ink slide tips !!

Regards, Alois

Alois, from what you are saying, I am assuming that the actual ink film thickness is not known. Just an experienced visual setting.

With the press I was most involved with, there were two settings. One was the closed position of the ink key, which as you suggest was not set to actually touch the ink fountain and cause wear.

The second was the zero set point, which was meant to be the zero datum for the ink key profile presetting values. That web press had a continuous ductor with a 0.005" +/- 0.001 ink shear gap between the ductor roller and the ink fountain roller.

In your comment, are these two setting the same setting point on a sheetfed press?

Thanks.

Printerpete,

I have a question re zero setting on conventional presses.

When you zero set, do you set the zero set point so the ink film thickness on the ink fountain is at a certain value?

What value do you set it to or do you just look for an even ink film and make a guess for the ink film thickness based on experience?

Thanks for any comments.

just set even and make sure your not grinding steel on steel you need a light film of ink

Zero Set part 2

Zero Set part 2

Erik,

I know of no method of measuring Ink Film Thickness on a rotating ink fountain roller ---

just visual --- eyesight was good enough for Leonardo da Vinci !

1) The new zero setting via the potentiometer must then be stored into the ink duct memory.

Regards, Alois

Attachments

• roland rci # 1278.pdf
    631.4 KB · Views: 201
  • mitsubishi inking # 1279.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 208
  • komori pqc # 1280.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 204
Erik,

I know of no method of measuring Ink Film Thickness on a rotating ink fountain roller ---

1) The new zero setting via the potentiometer must then be stored into the ink duct memory.

Regards, Alois

Blimey Alois were do you get all these pdfs from

Erik,

Regards, Alois

I have attached a link to a site that sells wet film gages.

Gardco :: Wet Film Thickness

I have seen the rotating wheel type gage used on presses over twenty years ago, so they have been used. Probably not so much since these gages are expensive. The site also has the comb type.

Mitsubishi Ink film thickness

Mitsubishi Ink film thickness

Mitsubishi includes with every new press a gauge designed to check ink film thickness on the ink fountain roller. They can be purchased through your local Mitsubishi Press dealer.
typical they are looking for about 3 to 5 microns at zero.
Good luck

my "Faux Pas"

my "Faux Pas"

Erik,

Thank you, also reminding me! I've only ever seen Wet Film Thickness Gauge used by printing ink manufacturers.

From experience using the Norm Method for zero setting, that ink film thickness would be 1-2 microns

Regards, Alois

Setting Film thickness

Setting Film thickness

With A Mitsubishi they recommend 3 to 5 microns. They feel it will hold a better zero set.

An ink film thickness gauge is supplied with every Mitsubishi press. The attached pdf is a page out of the parts book showing the gauge; part number for this gauge is KA32315. If the gauge is missing MLP U.S.A.,Inc. sells the gauge for $483.00.

The attached picture shows a plaque which should be installed on the machine telling you the ink film thichness should be set between 3~5 microns.

The visual method is ok as long as your eye can detect 3~5 microns, you need to be cautious though as 3 microns of black on the fountain roller looks much different that 3 microns of cyan.

Attachments

• 2637_001.pdf
    19.7 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG00420.jpg
    IMG00420.jpg
    675.7 KB · Views: 209
Correct tools

Correct tools

When your Mitsubishi 1F was new in the tool box there is a tool for measuring the ink film thickness.
If you look in the operation/maintenance manual it shows you this.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back