Monitor won't work after Power Outage

dkinsac

We had the power go out yesterday. When it came back on one of our monitors wouldn't come back on. It's a Cinema HD Display. It had a blinking light. I've been told it's better to buy a new one due to high repair cost. Anyone have any input

Check the fuse(s), I had the same prob - not with an Apple monitor though, and the there was a fuse inside the monitor.

You also might want to consider getting a battery back-up (UPS) for your workstations, not for the outages but to protect against the surges and brownouts that kill electronics. For a cost of US$50-60 per seat it's cheap insurance.

Also check to see if the outage was caused by the power company, if so, they have been known to pay for any damage caused, at least in the Wa state.

We had the power go out yesterday. When it came back on one of our monitors wouldn't come back on. It's a Cinema HD Display. It had a blinking light. I've been told it's better to buy a new one due to high repair cost. Anyone have any input

Have had the exact same problem with an Cinema HD Display. We sent it to the bin..
But you might want to try to switch to another Power adapter first.

Also check to see if the outage was caused by the power company, if so, they have been known to pay for any damage caused, at least in the Wa state.

If that was possible where I live, the power companies would owe more than they'd earn in a million years to its customers!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back