mono digital printers. KM vs Canon Varioprint vs Xerox Nuvera

nuvera229

Hi All, we have had strictly Xerox printers, and we currently have a Nuvera 100 that we need to replace. We have looked at KM Accuriopress, Canon Varioprint 130, and the Nuvera 120 from Xerox. Can anyone share experiences with any of these and preferences please?

We have a Canon Varioprint 140. It is amazing. We use it for book production. We print mainly 11x17 and 12x18 20lb. Halftones and solids are beautiful.
If you use friction-fed bindery equipment might have some scuffing issues.

I service the canon VarioPrint. Great machine. Picky about paper too. Otherwise a million between calls isn't a problem. TTF belts need to be replaced after a million though

We have a Canon Varioprint 140. It is amazing. We use it for book production. We print mainly 11x17 and 12x18 20lb. Halftones and solids are beautiful.
If you use friction-fed bindery equipment might have some scuffing issues.
Thanks for your response! Do you have a booklet maker on the Varioprint or just a stacker? Does it print glossy stock well? Thank you in advance!

I service the canon VarioPrint. Great machine. Picky about paper too. Otherwise a million between calls isn't a problem. TTF belts need to be replaced after a million though
Can I ask, what paper is it picky about? We mostly use 12x18 80# gloss text, and 12x18 60# uncoated, plus 11x17 60# uncoated, and anything from 20# text to 80# cover. We typically use Cougar, Blazer, and Lynx. Thanks in advance for your response

Thanks for your response! Do you have a booklet maker on the Varioprint or just a stacker? Does it print glossy stock well? Thank you in advance!
We have a continuous stacker. It holds 6000 sheets. It prints 3000 sheets and the tray moves out and printing continues. It does print on glossy stock.

Can I ask, what paper is it picky about? We mostly use 12x18 80# gloss text, and 12x18 60# uncoated, plus 11x17 60# uncoated, and anything from 20# text to 80# cover. We typically use Cougar, Blazer, and Lynx. Thanks in advance for your response
Sorry I didn't respond. It's mainly the amount of glue in the paper that's a problem. There's a listing of recommended papers available. What would happen is glue getting into the drum and requiring cleaning

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back