Moving layers up and down in Pitstop Pro 10

rickself

We used to be able to move layers up and down in Pitstop but I am not finding that option in the new Pitstop Pro v10. Am I missing something?
Thanks,
Rick

Right, stacking order and layer order are different. Moving objects onto layers is something that I have done with PitStop's action lists. But I don't recall how to move an object manually from one layer to another. You may have to cut/paste. PitStop is weird when it comes to layers.

Objects can be moved from one layer to another using the following steps:
- Choose Window > Show Enfocus Inspector or click the Show Inspector button to display the Enfocus Inspector.
- Select the Prepress category and the Layers subcategory, and click the Fly-out but-ton to open the Fly-out menu
- Select Assign to layer to assign the object to the selected layer, removing it from all others
- Select a layer from the list, or select New Layer to create a new layer.

I think he wanted to move the WHOLE layer and not just an object to a new layer.
Correct. Once you start building layers you don't have any control if the last one you create you want to put up two layers. I suppose I can duplicate the layers in a pattern reminiscent of the puzzles with the little sliding tiles, but hoed for something more direct.

Can you tell us where the function was located in the old PitStop version? It could help to find where it is in the new version.

Layers are supposed to move by Holding the OPTION (alt) Key down when dragging them in Acrobat's Layer panel.
I'm not having any success with this if the Document wasn't created with layers and they are created by Pitstop (following JonasY's instructions).

I've read somewhere that Acrobat Layers are "Optional Content Groups" so I'm taking it that they don't work like layers in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Quark, in that they have no bearing on stacking order, objects just belong to a layer which can be switched on or off.
Hopefully someone from Adobe or Enfocus will correct me if I'm wrong

Layers are supposed to move by Holding the OPTION (alt) Key down when dragging them in Acrobat's Layer panel.

This looks like an Acrobat function instead of a PitStop Pro Function. Rickself, is this is the same way you used to move layers up and down, then I would suggest to ask in the Adobe forums where this function went. (As far as I know, it was never present in PitStop Pro)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back