Multiple Screening

ROCPrinter

Does anyone know of a solution that could produce 1-bit Tiff's with multiple screening? We have Esko's Nexus Rip and I know that they have in a plugin but it will not work.

Here is the catch! We need a solution to produce a regular round dot on some elements and then lines on other elements.

I know this is a weird shot in the dark request but, hey, why not?

Thank you in advance for your input!

One way would be to screen the line halftone in Photoshop and place that in the art as a bitmap.

Gordo - We currently have a solution like that. We are just doing too many versions and when it is a fully imposed press sheet for a 40" press those large files do not process quickly. That is why we are looking for a solution that can do it on the fly...

Thanks Todd! I just called my Fuji Rep to see if Rampage can do exactly what we are looking for.

Don't bother with Fuji, I'm pretty sure you're allowed to deal directly with Rampage now. They are simply awesome to work with! And yes, it can do hybrid screening.

Heidelberg MetaDimension can also output different screens in one job.

btw do you have elements that need round dots that are adjacent to elements that need line screening? If these must produce the same visual appearance, good luck.

Hi ROCPrinter,

I am the Product Manager for RIPs at Esko. The NexusRip is capable of object based screening. If you are encountering some issues with this, you are of course welcome to contact your regular Esko support line or to contact me via PM and I will assist.

Regards,
David

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back