NCR 3 part

cmyk burnley

Hey guys

Someone maybe able to shed some light on this. Normally buying precollated stock works a treat

This client wanted a different colour scheme.

Its a 3 part form.

So all single sheets, top middle and bottom print runs.

But they want them numbering also, I can set up the numbering easy enough in Numbering star.

Is it possible to print a colour from separate trays ie white from tray 1, blue from tray 2 and pink from tray 3

Whilst numbering and coming out collated?

Using a versant V180

It is.
Create your numbered PDF file with three copies of each page (ie 1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,4,5,5,5,...). - Use the repeat function in Numbering Star
Then from your Fiery use Mixed Media > New Page Range to set up Page 1 from tray 1, Page 2 from tray 2 and Page 3 from tray 3 (or whichever trays you are using!)
Then in the VDP tab set Define Record Length as 3 (or would be 2 if doing 2 part)

This will then feed from trays 1,2 & 3 for pages 1,2,3, and back to trays 1,2 & 3 for pages 4,5,6

Bloody knew there was a away!

Ive had to hand collate 4000 sheets today! Been an absolute nightmare! Ill give this a go!

Thank you so much!

Make sure that each sheet is exactly the same size and they all align. Sometimes one color will be slightly different and your images won't be aligned. We had a job rejected once because of this. We now trim them as necessary to make sure there isn't any size variance.

Only issue i had tbh was the middle pink sheet

I had to hand collate in the end anyways as the machine fed doubles etc, knocked all the numbers out of sync. Was a bit of a nightmate

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back