Need A Good Adhesive Suggestion

Happyprinter

I have a customer that wants me to print on labels that will adhere to a 7 mil plastic bag and not come off. All the samples I have can be peeled off pretty easily. Any suggestions? I can run them either offset or digital so can work with about any sheet size or roll.

So you own a Flexo??? are those not sticky enough? If you want to do it on a sheetfed have you tried Mohawk?

You will need a solvent acrylic adhesive on a film stock of some type. That type could be a vinyl or PET. Length of intended life outdoors is a factor.

One thing to remember when you are testing adhesives is that you need to apply them and then come back 24-48 hours and test them, not just peel them up immediately after application. Almost all pressure sensitive adhesives require this time period for full bond.

You can use some of Henkell products DURO-TAK maybe and always leve 2-3 days to check first when you try some new adhesive.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back