Need a printer that can print 12x24 and on heavy cardstock paper of at least 200 gsm

xprinting

Hello, I am looking to purchase a printer that can print 12x24 and on cardstock paper of at least 200 gsm. Need for a small business.

Volume Per Day/Speed. Approximately 200 and speed really isn't an issue
Auto-duplex - not necessary
Budget: $2K and under
Maximum thickness: 350 gsm

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi xprinting!

You need to give your fellow forum contributors a little more information before they can give you their advice.

What volume, frequency, and, how fast do you need to be able to print these?
Does it need to be able to auto-duplex that 12 x 24 (print front and back without a second pass)?
What budget do you have to work with?
When you say "at least" 200 gsm (which, I wouldn't exactly call "heavy card stock"), you're not giving the forum members what they need. In other words, what's the "Maximum" thickness you'll be running through it (300 gsm, 350 gsm, 400 gsm, etc.)

Once you give them more information, they may be able to point you in the right direction.

-Best

MailGuru

Hello, I am looking to purchase a printer that can print 12x24 and on cardstock paper of at least 200 gsm. Need for a small business.

Volume Per Day/Speed. Approximately 200 and speed really isn't an issue
Auto-duplex - not necessary
Budget: $2K and under
Maximum thickness: 350 gsm

Thanks in advance

Hi (again) xprinting;

Thanks for the aditional info. That's a pretty tall order. There are a lot of machines out there that would do this for you, but, none (that I know of) in that price range.
Ok forum contributors, anybody got any ideas to help this fellow member out?

Thank you MailGuru!!! And if I have to push the budget up some more, I can in order to get something that will produce what I need, just on the lower end of the price spectrum.

look at the oki printers. Something like a c900 series or there are some older models you can probably still get. They can do banner sheets out of the bypass. A new c900 series is a little bit over your budget but I'm sure you can find older models or refurbished ones for less.

I've never actually used one so I can't tell you how good it is. Just remember coming across it once when I was looking at things.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back