Need a viewer so CSRs can preview files?

stevriv

Hello All,
We need our CSRs to be able to preview graphic files sent by e-mail.
Dont need to edit or examin in detail, just to see what the customer sent.
of course some formats are viewable directly in the e-mail but what about an illustrator file .ai or .eps ???

Anything I can put on thier PCs that will work?

Thanks

Steve

PageZephyr and FlightCheck Professional

PageZephyr and FlightCheck Professional

Markzware has a couple tools that assist in this area, including a brand-new exciting software called PageZephyr. Zephyr will allow you to index, search and preview the stylized text of several DTP file formats, such as Quark, InDesign and MS Publisher. All without the need of the native apps. See:
* Mine Adobe InDesign and QuarkXPress archives with Desktop Search

This, in combination with FlightCheck Professional v6.5 just makes sense in the hands of each CSR. FlightCheck will preflight 50+ file formats such as Illustrator, InDesign and more and also has a handy "Page Layout" feature where you can see a mock-up of the file and of course pin-point flagged errors. Once again, all as a stand-alone application without the need for Creative Suite, Publisher or QuarkXPress, etc...

Although neither, at this time, provides a full preview, it is as close as you will get and both extremely handy to have in your workflow. See:
* FlightCheck Professional v6.5 new features and functions

Adobe Bridge will view PDF, EPS, Tiff, Jpeg, AI, PSD, and a whole host of other file types. If you've got the CS suite you've got bridge, although you might not have used it. If you've upgraded, perhaps you can repurpose an older version for use by your CSRs?

Use a copy of Enfocs Switch to sort and route files. PDF's go to the CSR, native files (and or images) go to their respective applications and get converted to a PDF that the CSR's can preview in Acrobat Reader. Then if you want to continue the process and preflight the files using your prefered preflight tool.

Thanks Guys. I'll check out your suggestions.
I was thinking of something like bridge..

We imprintprint promotional plastic items like bookmarks and rulers with customers supplied art.
We often dont know what the job is until we see the file. We have to open the files in prep so the csrs can write a ticket. more streamline if the csrs could see ( even a low res image ) of what was sent.

steve

OnTimeProof with I-Zoom

OnTimeProof with I-Zoom

Using OnTimeProof your users can upload their files with a very nice web interface, these files can be routed right to a workflow based on the job ticket. Rippable files, such as EPS or PDF can be ripped using our TaskForce workflow to directly create our I-Zoom proofs which are posted back online. These are high res proofs that can be viewed both locally or remotely right in a browser. In addition the TaskForce workflow can create production ready trapped PDFx files (using our I-Trap) which can be imposed using the inpO2 plugin from Dynagram. This entire package can be linked to our TribalSketch web2print site with online estimating, shipping, shopping cart and ecommerce.

Ask me about how you can get all of this for just $250!

David Lewis
Software Solutions by Lucid Dream Software, Inc

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back