Need Help formatting phone number using xmpie

Kimba

I'm completely new to using Xmpie, I did the tutorials that's it. Now I have to format a phone number from having "-"s to "." s. Can somebody tell me how to go about this before I loose my mind. I have no programming background and was asked to make this work.

Thanks
Kimba

Hi Kimba,
The Qlingo for this would be FindAndReplace(|->[Field],"-","."), where field is the column name from your DB.
If you are using the uDirect Palette editor click the extended functions checkbox and look for FindAndReplace.

Cheers,
Mark.

Mark,

Thank you, I'm so green on this program just trying to learn as I go. Are there any on line videos to learn this stuff? I did the 2 tutorials but they were very elementary compared to what I need to do. Plus I have no programming experience

Thanks
Kim

Hi Kim,
There are some tutorial videos on the XMPie customer portal (1to1.xmpie.com), you need to register to get access.

Register for the XMPie google group, this is a thriving community where people help each other and exchange ideas.

If you have any specific questions you can always mail me on [email protected].

Cheers,
Mark.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back