Need recommendations for new digital color machine

I can vouch for the 6501 color is very consistent, and we have had few service calls. My only gripe is that they will only let us order one toner of each color at a time. There are jobs that we run that can use a full yellow toner in 4-5 hours run time. We then have to wait for another order. Very frustrating.

I have two KM 6500s we are about ready to replace. They have been nice machines even though we run the hell out of them...from 200,000 - 500,000 impressions a month between them. Our dealer, a Global Imaging company, now a wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox, has always kept us very well stocked on toner. We always have at least 12 bottles of each on hand.

How parts and consumables are distributed will be heavily weighted in our RFP analysis. Rationing out toner parts that are included in our service contract would not be acceptable.

min. 2 each color then on up

min. 2 each color then on up

My minimum for each color is two, no matter who you are or how small of volume. From there we adjust based on how much you think you will need.

We're unique though in that for every toner or part you get you will have to return one or pay full price for it.

It's only fair. Too many shady customers sell that stuff on Ebay, and the production stuff can be hundreds or thousands of dollars a piece.

Also, it helps the environment because we recycle everything responsibly.

So keep a thousand of each, whatever, don't care...and yes they are kept track of and must be returned at the end of each lease.

You have to watch out though because fraudulent shady shipping companies like TTR Shipping have been caught stealing parts/consumables on lease returns so we don't use them anymore!

Jumping in on this thread.

I have a Xerox 252, looking to replace with a non-Xerox (bad experience with Xerox service). Looking to replace it with a refurbished unit, that is a step up from the 252.

Problem area's we have had have been color consistency, must be calibrated daily (hourly), skew front to back, won't consistently print on glossy stock, relatively slow at 50 color per minute.

Any help is appreciated,

Ralph

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back