need to change the gripper in pdf carries more than 40-50 sets

K

kala

Hi

we are getting the customer paginated pdfs with wrong gripper setting to output those files to plate we are following the below options..

1. place it in illustrator 1 page and set the gripper and replace all the other links and create ps files seperate - in this method taking more times and some time page got repeated (by mistake)
2. place the pdf in preps template with correct gripper and output...

but the problem is sometime the customer plate size is not a common size we have to trim the plate and give

normally we will place it in illustrator and set the gripper and draw a cutting lines to cut there also the same complication some times page got repeated..

if we do the same in preps by putting smart lines or ruler it shows 10 mm differ after processing the plate not in gripper side horizontal side for eg if i set a line for 710 x 950 the output will come us 710 into 960 i placed the mark as 950 in preps but after processing the marks placed in 960 ...

or anyother easiest way to put trim box for customer pdf (50 sets).. and placing pdf for correct gripper setting...

regards
kala

This may be a stupid answer, but...

Could you manually combine all 50 files in Acrobat, then define the crop, bleed, trim sizes manually for all pages, before imposition elsewhere? This would solve the problem of inconsistent page sizes, assuming that there are no bleeds already built into the files?

I hope you already solved your problem, just wanted to toss in my 2 cents.

Going into illustrator and then exporting postscript is a really bad idea, you will get caught with a reprint at some point

no ; still iam following the way what i explained earlier...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back