New location...

OutSourceD

After spending the last 3 and a half years languishing, off-the-beaten path and somewhat buried in a business park, we are moving to a high-traffic location with parking and high visibility. Unbelievably, our rent is only $200 a month more. The move itself is my biggest financial concern, but I am hoping there will be some uptick in business before the next quarter ends.

The new location is 3500 sq. ft. where 50,000+ cars a day pass by, it has plenty of parking and easy access / egress. I have often wondered what a good location can do for my business. Looks like I am about to find out.

Good deal. Hopefully you are near some walk in opportunity or maybe even near a business complex needing some Printing services. I am the first guy to call the Industry a Dinosaur but printing is still necessary at some level and lets hope a different location helps you out.

GL,
JW

I dont know why everyone continues to go on about printing being dead. Whats dead is the way the workflow has been for many many years....old school. Its alive, but trickier to get - like any market in the world. In that case the whole economy is dead, everythings dead so we may as well give up the ghost on every market sector. It seems like every printer is blind to the fact its the economy causing the problem. Ipads, fb, etc all have their uses and a sector. But print will always be there.

Good luck with the move, passing trade will definately give you brand awareness. Its a high traffic area by sounds of it and for such a small increase in rent couldnt be beaten

I dont know why everyone continues to go on about printing being dead. Whats dead is the way the workflow has been for many many years....old school. Its alive, but trickier to get - like any market in the world. In that case the whole economy is dead, everythings dead so we may as well give up the ghost on every market sector. It seems like every printer is blind to the fact its the economy causing the problem. Ipads, fb, etc all have their uses and a sector. But print will always be there.

Let me help you out a little. I am unsure about your history in the Industry but I have been in it for 25 years. Bluebook gone, Major Paper Plant Manufacturing facilities gone, Enormous sized Printers around the world gone, and unfortunately hard working peoples paychecks either drastically decreased or yes gone. Just look around and pay attention.

There will always be a need for Printing at some level. And I hope for those that stick it out make a fist full of money. They deserve it because unfortunately you will have to fight to get your margins in most cases. But the type of Printing that created an Industrial giant is going away. You can fill up a Football field with Digital Boxes and they will never even begin to compare to when the Offset Industry was rolling. Printing for packaging has some Growth potential but here again more people are going after it which makes the margins decrease.

Good luck Outsource D-Location, location, location....

JW

I definately agree that not as much as required but thats the same in every industry and we never hear them going on about it being dead. its a challening market place, like any other market place, printing is not in its own world of problems - every other market is having the same problems. Of course there are less printers around - flooded markets and printers who traded in the old school manner are finished. Credit given out left right and centre, not being paid, not able to carry the cashflow is all the main problems. There is still huge money to be made - just in a different workflow and manner.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back