New Nexus Revisions

Re: New Nexus Revisions

I tried on monday to install rev 3. It was up and running but none of the device links were working. It was giving me an error saying there was problems during painting. I haven't tried Rev 4 yet.

I've been running rev 3 since it was released. Haven't had any major issues from Nexus on Win 2003 server.

I will be installing rev 4 tonight.

What do you mean by device links? Basically we raster files to CT/LW and low res links. Then impose the low res links in Preps and screen that to one-bit tiffs.

Just talked to support. 8.6 rev 4 has been pulled. They recommend not using it if you have already downloaded it. I don't know the specific problem.

I never recieved any info rev4 was released at all.

Kinda strange policy that new revs are not released globally if you ask me...

We're running rev2 for the moment (w2k3 machine). I installed rev3 a couple of weeks ago for 2 days and then switched back. We had much problems with the export pdf activity.

Edited by: Kristof on Aug 1, 2008 7:52 AM

Any more info as to why rev4 was pulled?

We have been running it for a few days as we were given it early to sort out some issues we were having. Haven't noticed any problems, just hope there's not something odd happening that I haven't seen yet!

I have heard that it might be a problem with one of the two DL centers making bad builds but for the most part support here in the USA found out the same way I did it. It was gone. So they aren't sure about the reason either.

LEN Output issues was the reason we were given rev 4 early as it finally fixed our problem. Seemed okay to me.

Yes, shuttle is broken though. Think I'll wait a week or so and then download rev4 again and hopefully that will sort it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back