New to Apogee 7

dkinsac

I went from Prinergy Evo to Apogee at a new shop. Can some one tell me why the resolution is so low when viewing the flats in Results? And can't you render a PDF as grayscale?

Last edited:
I went from Prinergy Evo to Apogee at a new shop. Can some one tell me why the resolution is so low when viewing the flats in Results? And can't you render a PDF as gray scale?

The view in the Results tab is a low resolution thumbnail. However, if you double click the flat name, the view will open in Raster Preview. Raster Preview will initially open in a pixel based preview. When you zoom in you will reach a point at which the view will switch to a high resolution raster based image. This switch point is controlled as a preference in the Prepress Client. I typically set the "Auto-switch zoom factor" to 1/16. This makes the switch from pixel to raster quicker.

Rendering a file to grayscale is simply done by changing the Generic Press task parameter set. Changing the ink set to gray and the profile to gray will make any job render in grayscale. Not only that but if you want to actually change the PDF to gray, Prepress can do that too.

I know switching workflows can be difficult. I have personally trained a lot of operators who used to run other workflows before they switched to Apogee Prepress. It is hard when you have an established comfort zone with your old workflow. If you approach with an open mind and let Apogee be Apogee and let Evo be Evo, I hope you'll find the transition easier.

I do not know what part of the world you are in but in North America, Agfa Graphics has an Academy division of Expert Services. We are a group of trainers with in some cases decades of experience in the printing world. We offer a wide variety of training possibilities that you may want to ask you management to consider. There are also two website I urge you to visit, APOGEEnetwork This is a world wide website dedicated to Apogee. Here you find a wealth of information and a “Users Forum” dedicated to Apogee Prepress. There is another website created by the Academy, AcademyExtras.com Here you will find training materials created by Academy members.

Phil Crosby – Senior Trainer, Academy, Expert Services, Agfa Graphics North America

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back