New Tree-Free Premium Packaging Products

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
Monadnock Paper Mills recently introduced 2-sustainable premium packaging products, targeted to environmentally / socially-responsible brands that want to achieve higher levels of authenticity & sustainability in their packaging:
  • Envi PC 100 Performance Board with 100% post-consumer waste (PCW) recycled fiber—has the internal & surface characteristics to keep from cracking on the score and fold lines, which is important in premium packaging, and
  • Hemp Envi Performance Board with 30% hemp fiber and 70% PCW—the only coated premium 100% post-consumer waste (PCW) recycled board now on the market—filling a packaging gap for cosmetics, jewelry, fragrances, spirits, nutraceuticals, CBD and cannabis.
According to Monadnock, both Envi PC 100 & Hemp Envi Performance Boards are drop-in replacements for products containing virgin fiber. Monadnock has a long history of blending and refining a broad range of fiber types to satisfy a breadth of end-use product specifications, and already uses alternative fibers like cotton (Cotton Envi Performance Board) & shredded coffee-bean bags (Kona Envi Performance Board).

Well, Stickman, I don't make the news, I just pick out some interesting bits & pieces that I think are of interest to our members. There are 2 sides to everything, and these two posts represent different views on paper recycling.

Without getting into the weeds, I believe Monadnock uses hydro power and solar panels to run their plant, so their process would be less impactful on the climate over another producer that depends completely on fossil fuels.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back