new tv shows

rbailleu

I like the new stargate universe. could get interesting. also castle on abc.

what do you think

Wife and I have been getting into Glee from fox..

Also just wrapped up its second season true blood on HBO.

The Mrs. and I also are into Glee. (Also, Next Iron Chef, Chopped, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, Hells Kitchen, Ace of Cakes, Cake Boss.....quite the "food oriented" theme here....)

We watch Hell's Kitchen and Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares live but Life on Mars, Flight of the Conchords, Wallander on DVD (if that counts). Not much else on TV appeals to us. Used to watch House on a regular basis however it seems to have gotten repetitive.

best, gordo

Flight of the Conchords, Wallander on DVD (if that counts). Not much else on TV appeals to us. Used to watch House on a regular basis however it seems to have gotten repetitive.

best, gordo

How is Flight of the Conchords? I've seen their standup on Comedy Central and they were pretty funny? Is it a sketch comedy show with music?

"Big Bang Theory" can be really clever; "Modern Family" shows promise. Will never understand why "Arrested Development" didn't catch on .... terrific writing and terribly funny.
jack

How is Flight of the Conchords? I've seen their standup on Comedy Central and they were pretty funny? Is it a sketch comedy show with music?

It's about their trials and tribulations trying to make a living as a band in the US and the gigs their manager Murray gets for them.
It's very funny. You can see clips of the show here: HBO: Flight of the Conchords and of course lots of clips on youtube

best, gordo

"Big Bang Theory" can be really clever; "Modern Family" shows promise. Will never understand why "Arrested Development" didn't catch on .... terrific writing and terribly funny.
jack

Arrested Development was one of the best shows ever. Good thing they're making a movie!

Lost used to be awesome but has gone a bit downhill (but I still watch it). I watch Heroes and Glee too. Don't have cable so Hulu and Netflix got my back.

Watching:
Football - GO VIKES!
House (not burnt out on it - yet)
Big Bang Theory (best comedy out there IMO)
Hell's Kitchen
Ace of Cakes
Iron Chef (Guess I'm into food, too lol)

Waiting for:
American Idol (everyone needs some trash TV...)
Game of Thrones (HBO is filiming the pilot - yay!)

Tired of:
CSI (although I still rewatch the old episodes, I haven't dug the new crew...)
:p

Is anyone looking forward to the AMC remake of "The Prisoner"? It stars Jim Caviezel (The Passion of the Christ as #6) and Sir Ian McKellen (X-Men, etc.)

There's a preview tonight Nov 2 at 9:34 p.m. wet coast time.

Methinks some things should not be remade.

gordo

No, but I had forgotten about the remake of "V" - I think that starts tonight (thankfully TIVO already has been set...)

I enjoyed the original very much as a kid - I wonder if they'll capture the feel of the original...

I'm not "TV Watcher Guy" but I have been hooked on three shows.

Modern Family
Cougar Town
Community

All three of those make me literally LOL multiple times every time. I know what nights, what channels and what times they start. I NEVER like shows that much to remember that. However I did remember when Grey's Anatomy was on only because I hated it so much and had to find something else to do while the wife watched that. UGH!

What's your impression of "V" for those who watched?

I thought they could have easily made the pilot two hours or even more. They crammed so much into the one hour and could have expanded the opening story lines of the individual characters.

Loved V, but I have also been watching the old V on Sci-fi.

Flash Forward has also been keeping my attention, and Modern Family is pretty good.

We watch Hell's Kitchen and Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares live but Life on Mars, Flight of the Conchords, Wallander on DVD (if that counts). Not much else on TV appeals to us. Used to watch House on a regular basis however it seems to have gotten repetitive.

best, gordo

Gordo!!! my man!!! Flight of the Conchords!!! absolute gold :)

Also Glee, Stargate Universe, Better off Ted(comedy brilliance) Defying Gravity, Top Gear, Greek, anything Formula 1 related, Aus V8 supercars and assorted sports (Cricket and Rugby League)

Ok... with regards to "V"... i also watched and loved it as a kid, much the same as Battlestar Gallactica, and hope that a remake of V will be as well done as the Battlestar remake, which IMHO, was brilliant :)

BG

BG

I thought BG was great until the end. I think the whole deal with Starbuck being an angel of some sort was just irritating to me. It was an easy out for the writers, I think.

And when Bobby Ewing woke up and it had all been a dream, what a crock. Wait, wrong show. I'm really showing my age now. LOL.

I can't believe no one has mentioned The Office. This is by far the funniest show. I love the comedies with NO laugh track.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back