Nexus 10.1.2 pdf export module

Joren

Hi,

In our production we have a nexus 9.5.7 server running with postscript method of working. This setup runs stable for several years now.

Now I started testing with a new nexus server and pdf method of working. Here nexus seems to behave really strange sometimes with the pdf files.
The new server is a nexus 10.1.2 and I seem to get some strange behaviour of the nexus application:

We created 3 workflows with a pdf export module in it. One workflow has a module set to export pdf v1.3 the other workflow pdf v1.4 and the last workflow pdf v1.5. Now these workflows seem to work good most of the times and give the result we want.

But sometimes (I am not sure when) one of our 2 nexus processor modules crash (nexus processor has stopped working... is shown on the windows server). From that point all pdf are really wrong that come out, images on the pdf are randomly stretched.
At this point only restarting nexus is not enough, really the whole server needs to reboot to get the pdf export module producing good pdf's again.

Now I am not able to get a reason why the processor module of nexus crashes. I can send 40 times the same Artpro file as input and all goes good. Next time I send the same file nexus has a processor module crashing.

Anybody else having simular issues with pdf export in combination with nexus?

Since you have to restart the server, not just Nexus, it might be an issue with the server itself. Which version of the server are you using?

-Sev

I havent used Nexus in a few years but we did have a few problems from time to time. And it usually had to do with the hardware needing a reboot.

It is a Windows 2008 server (virtual one on vmware). It seems nexus is keeping things in the memory even after the nexus application restarts.
Rebooting windows seems to only solution then.

Problem in my opinion is that in nexusmanager (on the mac) it seems nothing is really wrong with nexus because nexus has still 1 nexusprocessor module left that is running when the other module stopped working. The output pdf's are wrong from this point until a full reboot.

I have always avoided duplicating the Nexus Processor module.
I think you need to monitor the system see if your running out of space or memory.

I have always avoided duplicating the Nexus Processor module.
I think you need to monitor the system see if your running out of space or memory.

Yes I am testing now with only 1 processor module and indeed it seems to run stable now. it seems duplicating the module can cause an instable nexus.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back