Nexus 9 released!

khasmir

Nexus 9.0 has been released.
The installer has been changed so be carefull, it will not create a Nexus 9.0 folder for you.
So first create a folder named "Nexus 9.0" and then select it in the installer.

The rest of the installation and configuration should be the same as previous version.

Software and documentation can be found on the download center.
https://download.artwork-systems.com

Are you in the USA? I just logged in and I don't see Nexus 9.0. Either this has not been released to everyone or our Service Contract is not paid up.

I'm in Europe, but it's true that it's not automatically available in all regions.
Always good idea to check service contract as well ;)

Long has control of when software is released in the U.S. He waits a few days to see the feedback from europe customers before releasing it to the U.S. customers.

funny thing, I recieved a bunch of mails regarding issues we had in Nexus 8.6 stating all the problems would be solved in Nexus 9. Gonna do the install tomorrow and see if they are right...

Nexus 9.0 has been released.
The installer has been changed so be carefull, it will not create a Nexus 9.0 folder for you.
So first create a folder named "Nexus 9.0" and then select it in the installer.

The rest of the installation and configuration should be the same as previous version.

Software and documentation can be found on the download center.
https://download.artwork-systems.com

Strange, here he made a folder like befor.

For the rest it seems to be working fine.

I found that the installer went to C:/ProtgramFiles/ instead of the usual Nexus parition.

Trouble is, our C drive has no space as it has nothing on it other than the system so we've forced it to install on the Nexus partition as normal. Can't see that this should cause us any problems?

Strange, here he made a folder like befor.

For the rest it seems to be working fine.

There is a difference between OSX & windows installers. The OSX one still creates a nexus application folder (Nexus 9.0). On Windows you will need to define a folder so all nexus files can be installed in this folder.

There is a difference between OSX & windows installers. The OSX one still creates a nexus application folder (Nexus 9.0). On Windows you will need to define a folder so all nexus files can be installed in this folder.
Our windows installer made the folder just as it has done in the past....

Has anyone else had the following problems :

1. Shuttle. After a few minutes it just stops responding and we have to restart the module but it doesn't stay active for long.
2. Emails - Nexus can no longer send emails in the workflow. I have checked the configuration settings and they haven't changed.

Other than that, so far it seems very good, especially for a rev.1. Love the new appearance.

EDIT: We've sussed the email problem. However, the shuttle connection is still ongoing. This has been logged with support.

Last edited:
I found that the installer went to C:/ProtgramFiles/ instead of the usual Nexus parition.

Trouble is, our C drive has no space as it has nothing on it other than the system so we've forced it to install on the Nexus partition as normal. Can't see that this should cause us any problems?

Yes, it will go to program files by default, don't know why anyone would like to install Nexus in there ;)

Has anyone else had the following problems :

1. Shuttle. After a few minutes it just stops responding and we have to restart the module but it doesn't stay active for long.
2. Emails - Nexus can no longer send emails in the workflow. I have checked the configuration settings and they haven't changed.

Other than that, so far it seems very good, especially for a rev.1. Love the new appearance.

EDIT: We've sussed the email problem. However, the shuttle connection is still ongoing. This has been logged with support.

What Shuttle are you using?
Standalone or in Artpro?
Make sure you use the latest version in both cases, so use the Shuttle included with NexusManager 9 or use Artpro 9. Older Shuttles are not compatible with Nexus 9.

What Shuttle are you using?
Standalone or in Artpro?
Make sure you use the latest version in both cases, so use the Shuttle included with NexusManager 9 or use Artpro 9. Older Shuttles are not compatible with Nexus 9.

We are using ArtPro9 and the latest standalone shuttle. Support had the same issue so it's been logged.

Our windows installer made the folder just as it has done in the past....

I forgot to mention it was the windows installer only.
But surprises me it made the folder for you anyway. Maybe it was changed because I'm pretty sure it was not like that with the windows installer of the beta builds. But I'm not complaining, it should make the folder for you.

I got an email that Nexus 9.0.1 has been released in the USA. I can't see it at the download center and my maintenance agreement is up to date. So far no response from support. Can anyone else see it at the download center?

I got an email that Nexus 9.0.1 has been released in the USA. I can't see it at the download center and my maintenance agreement is up to date. So far no response from support. Can anyone else see it at the download center?
I was able to download it yesterday...

M.

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like there is some confusion on AWS part as far as our maintenance agreement goes. Hopefully will get it worked out soon.

I'm getting "Vector::Reserve" and "Vector::_M_range_insert" errors when I try to rasterise separations using TotalRIP. It seems to happen only with ArtPro imposed PDFs. And it crashes my Control software.

Anyone else?
Any clues?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back