Nexus Workflow (situation)

PaRambler

Problem 1: person left this job and I'm thrown in. I know very little.My workflows got corrupted and I reloaded them from saved ones but one of them is not the most recent. This workflow is for sending the file to my agfa 7000 which it does just fine but I also need a copy to go to my folder NexusE:TIFF_CDI so I can use my digital plate maker. Problem 2:I've never built a workflow but I can open it and add what needs added, I just don't know what to add. Can someone please help?

Problem 1: person left this job and I'm thrown in. I know very little.My workflows got corrupted and I reloaded them from saved ones but one of them is not the most recent. This workflow is for sending the file to my agfa 7000 which it does just fine but I also need a copy to go to my folder NexusE:TIFF_CDI so I can use my digital plate maker. Problem 2:I've never built a workflow but I can open it and add what needs added, I just don't know what to add. Can someone please help?

Which version of Nexus are you running?

-Sev

8.4 Sev. Thanks for the reply
From your post, I think you need to add a Copy File module to your workflow. Go to the workflow using Nexus Manager. Unlock the workflow, then you can see the list of modules that are available to you. The Copy File module should be near the top of the list. Drag and drop into the workflow. Double click on that module, and click on Edit Template. There, you will see where to add the path to where you wish to copy the file to. Below where you add the path, you will see the available keys on the left. Click on the keys you need to, and use the right (add) button to add the keys to work template. Let me know if this is the direction you are trying to go.
Hope this has helped some.

-Sev

I was thinking I needed that copy file module but had no clue on the available keys. I'll try to play around with that. You've been a great help. I'll get back to you one way or the other. Thanks again.
Lann

Hi
It could be more than just adding a File Copy as it will depend whether the 1 bit tiffs are the same for both devices.
Also you need to make sure the dependancies are correct.

If you have a support contract with Esko perhaps you should contact them but I am guessing as you are posting on here the answer to that is no.

Where are you based?

I was thinking I needed that copy file module but had no clue on the available keys. I'll try to play around with that. You've been a great help. I'll get back to you one way or the other. Thanks again.
Lann

An example of what I have done is to add a copy file module to my plate workflow. The plate workflow sends the 1-bit tiff to a hot folder that is connected to Prinergy Evo, which runs our platesetter. Once that job is plated, Prinergy only keeps the 1-bit tiff for a couple days, and it gets purged. I wanted to save those tiffs on a plate folder on our Nexus Mac. I made folder called Plate, and then added a Copy File module at the end of the workflow. It is connected to the Copy File module that copies the tiffs to the Prinergy hot folder. I made that last Copy File module point to the Plate folder on the Nexus Mac, and it sends the file to that folder. Works like a charm. I set up the keys so that the files could be identified with the job name and number, the separation colors, etc. Hope this helps some.

-Sev

Attachments

• Copy File Template.jpg
    Copy File Template.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 193
Hi madmac. We are in Pennsylvania and you are correct about no Esko contract. I've got to say that most Esko people are nice to deal with but there support people talk way over my head and develop an attitude in there voice that makes me want to reach through the phone and grab them by the neck. All that for $250 an hour. Like I said, I have no training on this software. None. zip. So I thought I'd try a forum. Thanks again to the people trying to help. I'm working on what Sev suggested I'm just not sure the copy file module is all I need plus I'm wondering if I need additional dependencies (I do have a reference manual) but it my as well be written in greek

There are only two dependancies available for this module and I've tried both with no luck. Looking at other files in my destination folder I see the separations for each file are tiffs so I'm thinking maybe I need a "convert to tiff" module after the copy module. What do you think?

There are only two dependancies available for this module and I've tried both with no luck. Looking at other files in my destination folder I see the separations for each file are tiffs so I'm thinking maybe I need a "convert to tiff" module after the copy module. What do you think?

I think that you would put the make screened tiff before the Copy File module, so that you are coping the tiff to the destination.

-Sev

Ok am I correct.
You make a tiff which is copied over for the Prinergy and you also want a copy of this keeping in another directory.

If yes then.
Place then Unlock the padlock Single click on the Assembler then double click or drag out a new File Copy this should link to the Assembler as a File dependancy however you also need this to be Order Dependant on the first File Copy. So what should happen is the first Copy copy the tiff then the new one copies out.
As for your Key Sequence. In the top browse to the Top folder locally you want to tiffs to be saved. You can then in the Sequence below build the sub folders. So you would want something like Select Filename / This will make a sub folder from the filename and then put all the tiffs inside. Your tiffs should be named in the Assembler.

Hope this helps not got a Nexus so cannot take any screenshots.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back