No Lubricant....

kdw75

Our Ricoh 7210X told me to replace the cyan Photoconductor Cleaning Unit. I swapped it out and afterwards got the error message saying to call service "No Lubricant. Replace PCU" I reset the counter and tried turning the machine off and on a couple of times. I also tried another new PCU, just in case I had gotten a defective one.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

The PCU's on the 7110 have a sensor or flag, when the lubricant bar get low that trips. If you've tried more than 1 pcu it sounds like machine, not part issue. When you speak to the tech they may be able to get you into service mode to clear the error.

I emailed service last night and they are set to come in, but after turning the machine off and leaving it off all night it is running fine this morning.

When changing out the PCU you have to have the front door open when you do a reset or it wont reset and the error still pops up, at least it is that way on my 7110.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back