OEE in Print & Packaging

amgd1972

Hi all,

I have recently being reading a lot about the use of OEE (overall equipment effectiveness) meterics to identify bottlenecks and issues in processes. Just wondering if anyone else has started to utilise this method yet?

At present I am capturing the Data manually, I intend to move to an real time solution in the near future. This leads to the second question, what systems are people using?

I know of:
1: Solarsoft
2: Parsec's litetrak and leantrak
3: OEESystems

Can you suggest anymore?

Regards

Ace

Don't spend your money on a real-time solution. OEE is more of a management metric than an operational metric. It serves to highlight the both the macro conditions and their component parts. The data reflected in OEE is meant to be acted upon. The results of those quality and productivity solutions or improvements will require monitoring in real time, preferably with a visual, rather than a statistical, control. Remember to look at the OEE components as well as the aggregate.

Management, top management, can be shaken awake with both OEE and value-added-time numbers. Seeing OEE numbers less than 0.5 and value added time in a week of 8 or fewer hours will capture the attention of those in the front office, if you provide a bit of instruction along with the numbers. Go wisely from there, I suggest. Don't waste that manager-motivation on a failed effort. Act strategically, plan well, and then move decisively.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back