Office Printer for Tyvek

fvie

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a printer capable of printing Tyvek. Is there a printer on the market that I am not aware of, which allows for sheet feeding and also supports the adjustment of the fuser temperature to a Tyvek-compatible level? I only need it for black and white printing.

Thanks in advance!
Felix

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a printer capable of printing Tyvek. Is there a printer on the market that I am not aware of, which allows for sheet feeding and also supports the adjustment of the fuser temperature to a Tyvek-compatible level? I only need it for black and white printing.

Thanks in advance!
Felix
Inkjet w/permanent ink is best.
Forget the fuser based options.
YMMV

I'm dubious that you'd get inkjet ink from an entry level printer to stick to tyvek without the tyvek having an inkjet coating. If you're going to experiment, I'd try
Epson SuperTank printers which are under $500USD
Brother laser printer of some kind under $1000 USD. Use a a sticker or transparency setting if the fuser temp isn't directly adjustable, which it probably isn't.

You may be better off outsourcing to a printshop in terms of time savings and even cost savings.

i need to print 1000 sheets per week so id like to do it in my office, id be ok to spend more than 500 usd, just need a reliable option

The problem with printing on Tyvek is really the drying time. It will usually bead or smear before the ink dries. On large inkjets (MCS, Kirk-Rudy, etc.) you can buy ink cartridges that are alcohol based (instead of water based) that will dry quicker, but, we also needed to engage the heater/dryer units after ink-jetting.

The problem with printing on Tyvek is really the drying time. It will usually bead or smear before the ink dries. On large inkjets (MCS, Kirk-Rudy, etc.) you can buy ink cartridges that are alcohol based (instead of water based) that will dry quicker, but, we also needed to engage the heater/dryer units after ink-jetting.
Dye printer. Like some of the Epsons.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back