Oki 9000 series

Daniel81

Hello.
Iam going to invest in oki9650 printer, but iam wonder about refill toner.
What do i need and where do i buy it chepest.
Can i use oki cartridge that come with the buy or do i must buy another set every time i buy new refill bottles. Can somebody please help me step by step so i can make à picture i My head and calculate cost. Is there any guide on the net or something. Anyone with experiense in this printer, belt, drum etc, is it posible to reset belt and drum etc, how many clicks in real world do they hold.

Thanks. I live in Sweden.

Oki toner

Oki toner

If you're looking at a regular oki 9650, the off brand toners seem to work well. We get ours from Xerox Phaser Solid Ink for Phaser 8550/8500/8400/8200. Okidata C5100/C5150/C5200/C5300/C5400 compatible toner cartridges | The Supplies Guys - it's significantly cheaper.

This is not true, however, for the LaserMail branded oki boxes. They embed an RFID chip in the toner cartridges so you must use their toner. Of course there's nothing stopping you from digging out the chip . . . except that the machine remembers when the toner runs out. So you have to change the cartridge before that or your chip is no good.

China

China

China is your best bet for the lowest price toner. Search on Alibaba.com. You can buy in bulk and refill your cartridges yourself. Better to get the chips as well, one for each color. The after-market toner will not offer as fine a tonal graduation as OKI toner, but for most applications it is acceptable. Savings are 50% or more.

For the drums, fuser, and belt you will have to purchase OEM. I have seen one source for rebuilt drums, but I would avoid. The drum is the most critical component.

Keep extra components on hand - one missfeed can kill a fuser. Drums wear faster if running card stock and/or envelopes. But the Oki 9600 series remains a best buy - you can replace every consumable yourself. Don't know about Sweden, but OKI support in the US is impeccable.

Good luck!

Also, if you are going to want top quality print, be aware that the drums will only last 50-60% of their life, (maybe less with comp toner). We run an OKI C9650, and by the time the drums have done half their life, the print quality has dropped to what I would call an unacceptable level. Maybe still fine for an office, but no good for pay for print uses.

Drums

Drums

Agreed, in most cases. Drums, unfortunately, are the most expensive component. I have learned how to replace the fuse to reset the counter, but the trick is moot due to the loss of quality.

Hello and thanks
i whant someone to tell me some thong step by step.

1. Can i refill the cartridge that come along the new oki or do i have to by another set, if so where do i by it and can i refill them many times. Do i need to change tje chip every time.

2. is there any way of reset the drum and transfer belt to zero % if i get error and i whant to Print more and tje quality is good. And fuser to.

3. I want à stedy supplier and wNt to bye everything if possible fr.o.m. One and same, do somebody have good recomendation.

4. Are there any guide to read so i can understand the procedure,

thanks

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back