Old spinnit paper drill.

crossroads

I picked up an old lassco spinnit paper drill from a downsizing printing business. The drill seems to be doing a good job with the bit that came in it. But I canot figure out how to take out the old bit and put in a different size. Does anyone have experience with 1 of these? any help will be appreciated.

Might be held in there dynamically if its anything like the one we have. Should be a hole in the chuck above the bit that you stick a tool in and twist and the bit pops out.

Unless this drill is different from all others I have seen and used in the Boreshaft where the bits goes there will be a hole in the shaft just above where the drill bit stops. Maybe a 1/4" hole. Stick some type of solid piece in the hole and pry down.

Now if the drill is really old and it has been in the machine for a long time getting it out may take some affort. PB Blaster, maybe some heat and patience will get it removed.

Good luck,
JW

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back