One-third of U.S. newspapers as of 2005 will be gone by 2024

I'm in PA and 2 of the 3 largest Newspapers in the state are now non-profits. The Philadelphia Inquirer and the Lancaster Intellegencer (as of this year). I think this model is going to be critical if Newspapers are to survive and provide value to their communities.

I rely entirely on NextDoor for my local news. Thanks to Karen, now I know all of my neighbors are thieves, pedophiles and likely armed.
It's not like everything is downstream of Twitter etc anyways.

Crying about newspapers going out of business is odd. Most of them, just like rcreveli states, fail to provide value commensurate to what they used to, and people are putting their attention elsewhere.

I find this news shocking.

I've been told that print is dead for 20 years. Yet, this is saying that 2/3 of newspapers will continue indefinitely. I'm impressed. This is very good news for the print industry.

Tho I wouldn't recommend a young person get into the industry. I can't imagine that print could sustain a 20something's career for 50 years.

I find this news shocking.

I've been told that print is dead for 20 years. Yet, this is saying that 2/3 of newspapers will continue indefinitely. I'm impressed. This is very good news for the print industry.

Tho I wouldn't recommend a young person get into the industry. I can't imagine that print could sustain a 20something's career for 50 years.
Printing is not dead. Newspapers are dead.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back