Online Ordering

Muddy

I need to find a solution where we can can house a number of templates for a client. Ideally they would log on, click the template they want to order, add the quantity details etc and then send it to me for order.

I know there are software solutions for this web to print application but I'm thinking there must be an online application that we can buy into on a transactional basis. In other words someone does all this for us and we pay them as our customer orders. I don't want to shell out the $25,000 or so for the full blown web to print software but still want the ability to have this feature available to me.

There has to be lots of these website services.

DMP Flo Suite is a great platform for that very process. Customers can create their own catalog of static materials, dynamic (customizable) materials and other merchandise. We just finished a webinar last week with Enfocus, Dynagram and Alwan where we talked about it. If you'd like more information please feel free to let me know.

In the Benelux Domino's Pizza is using Flo to support their locations with personalized and static flyers for pizza boxes and hand outs. Each location can order a base template where they can fill in their own specials and location/contact information.

There is a bank who supports their 40,000 employees with Flo so that they can custom order their own business collateral. Permissions can be established to that bank tellers can log in and fill out their contact information but require a manager to actually place and approve the order.

Customers can log in and build their own catalog of materials from PDF's or InDesign templates. In the case of PDF's they can be preflighted and have the report presented in the system.

Some customers use it as an asset management system. One such possibility use is to have RAW (camera RAW or photographs from customers) added to the library and automatically enhanced using Elpical Claro where a customer can "order" a version tuned for ISO Newspaper26 or GRACoL 2006 1v2 or SWOP 2006 3v2, or what ever purpose and dimension.

I have looked at PageDNA, which sounds like it has the functionality of what you are looking for. I have not used the system though, so I don't know the details.

Thanks for your responses.

I'm not really looking for a software solution but rather a web based application where someone hosts my PDF templates etc and my customer can log on to place orders. I'm looking to use your website technology and not to incur heavy software charges but rather a user pay as you go system.

Hi Muddy
i have seen a site in Greece called 3 klik.com or 3klik.gr
they presented their products in Athens

it looked pretty good, maybe you should contact them and ask

good luck, Roni

Muddy,
if your a printer then you are going to have to buy the soft ware. We are a printer in Chicago area and we custom design our sites for each of our clients who want to order on line.

good luck Rick Sack 847-434-5455

Unless I am misunderstanding your posts it sounds like you only need to on your own website set it up to have a shopping cart and put these templates as items to purchase and pay for the items. This being on the very simplistic scale. issue I see with this is anyone who goes to your site can see these forms. If they are meant to be private then you would need a store front to where the client would log in view stored items in their own little store and purchase items and pay for them.

I have seen several vendors offer these services but they can be pricey and require several different options of theirs.

websites for printers
myorderdesk
pagedna
efi digital storefront
eoncode

there are many out there just depends how much you want to spend and offer.

a nice one!

a nice one!

i have seen a printer in fl who has a nice website you should check out
notforprofitprinting.com, i think its done by a local company, you should check it out
hope it helps you

good luck

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back