'Open preflight report with document' in XMF crashing Acrobat + Pitstop

ksm1701

Hi all - hope somebody can help with this as it's driving me mad!

After preflighting in XMF I like to see what errors have been picked up so right click on the PDF and then select 'Open preflight report with document' which then opens the preflight report with the document PDF in the background.

When I click on any of the small magnifying glass icons to the left of text on p1 of the preflight report, historically it would then automatically switch to the affected area on the document PDF. Now, however, it just causes Acrobat (and Pitstop) to crash immediately.

Weirdly, if I open the preflight report first and then the document PDF separately clicking on the magnifying glass icon will open the affected area I want to view on the document PDF.

Annoyingly this seems to ring a bell with me that it also happened years ago but I can't for the life of me recall how (or if) I managed to fix it!

I'm currently running XMF version 6.10.1 and up to date versions of both Acrobat Pro DC and Pitstop Pro 2020.

Fingers crossed somebody may have experienced a similar issue - if not, I'm tagging @abc as the general Pitstop genius in residence in the hope he might be able to help.

Thanks in advance for any help offered guys 👍

Can you contact Enfocus support. If you have PitStop 2020 then log a case in the support Portal.
For XMF you should contact Fuji, but if the crash is in Acrobat, our team should be able to help.
As it does work if you open the report manually, it sounds like some permissions or access issue, but our team should be able to point you in the right direction.
Tell them I sent you. :)

Can you contact Enfocus support. If you have PitStop 2020 then log a case in the support Portal.
For XMF you should contact Fuji, but if the crash is in Acrobat, our team should be able to help.
As it does work if you open the report manually, it sounds like some permissions or access issue, but our team should be able to point you in the right direction.
Tell them I sent you. :)
Thanks Andrew. I have now logged a case within the support Portal.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back