Opening my own Studio??

Trimmer

Hi everyone!
As you know i work in field of prepress,graphic design n'web design and i'm thinking to open a new office of mine, and to offer the following services:prepress,(including ctf and ctp,imposition etc),Brochures,magazines etc and web design.
Would that be a good idea couse i'm not sure.What kind of preperation do i need to get started with.

Hmmmm

Hmmmm

Hey Trimmer - I tried this some years back with mostly prepress offerings. Things went okay for awhile then 9/11 happened. I lasted 18 months. It was fun and educational. I leveraged the experience into another position.
My investment in hardware and software ate up most of my profit. You have to be willing, and have the talents, to wear many hats: sales, production, accounting and ultimately management. To truly make good money, IMHO, you will need to hire people to work for you eventually.
If you have existing clients lined up and the stomach for risk - go for it!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back